28G Nano Reef pics

bobz

Supporting
Reaction score
I've been running this tank for about six months now (after an unfortunate mishap last summer with a cracked bottom) it was set up in my office so I could keep an eye on it. So far it seems to be doing pretty well and I am happy with the tank. Here are the specs:
28G bowfront (not drilled)
Bermuda Aquatics Rogue Skimmer (newly added)
Koralia nano powerheads (2)
Sunpod 150W MH
also added a T5 with two 24W actinic bulbs for some more color
about 30 - 40 lbs LR w/20lbs live sand
Mixed LPS and Softies with a couple of SPS frags from my prop tank
Smith's Blenny
Blue-green Chromis (2)
Six-line Wrasse
Yellow-watchman Goby

I dose Reef Complete 2 times a week (5ml)

Water parameters;
pH 8.2
spGr 1.025
Calc 420
DkH 9
nitrates, nitrites, ammonia 0
phosphate tests out at 0 but I don't believe my test kit
Temp 79

I do a 20-25% water change weekly.

I welcome comments and suggestions!
Bob
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
133138=8189-28G-Nano-reef-tanks-02-06-08-012.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
133138=8189-28G-Nano-reef-tanks-02-06-08-012.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="28G-Nano-reef-tanks-02-06-08-012.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

very nice looking tank man! Glad you're able to bounce back so well :)

Looks like crap Bob...bring it over here Ill try to make it better for a couple years :)

Very nice!

lol! sure! I am sure you noticed your clam sitting promiently in the center of my tank. It looks great and I think it is doing good. Thanks man!
BZ

Why does everyone keep posting these ratty looking tanks... and by ratty I mean freakin awesome. ;)

Got a question for you more experienced reefers. I am thinking of running Phosban pads on this tank but there is not a really good place to add it. The bermuda skimmer has an bubble baffle that runs up the side. Do you think I could use that compartment and put the pad in there? The other option is to cut a piece and lay it across the diffuser tray but I am concerned that it might not be completely submerged all the time, is that a problem with Phosban?
Thanks
BZ

Looks fantastic Bob. I can't believe that is 30 - 40 lbs of LR. Doesn't look like it at all, how tall is the tank? The rock in my 20H, about 20-25lbs takes up a lot of room.

What you can't tell from the pic is that there are two massive (for this tank) pieces of base rock that are about 8-10 pounds each on the bottom glass supporting the rest of the rock. My Yellow Watchman has a pretty intircate serious of tunnels under the rock and I didn't want anything tumbling down! The tank measures 18" high.

bobz;133202 wrote: lol! sure! I am sure you noticed your clam sitting promiently in the center of my tank. It looks great and I think it is doing good. Thanks man!
BZ

went to a good home

bobz;133587 wrote: Got a question for you more experienced reefers. I am thinking of running Phosban pads on this tank but there is not a really good place to add it. The bermuda skimmer has an bubble baffle that runs up the side. Do you think I could use that compartment and put the pad in there? The other option is to cut a piece and lay it across the diffuser tray but I am concerned that it might not be completely submerged all the time, is that a problem with Phosban?
Thanks
BZ

You could also try a Poly Filter pad. These will take up some phosphate and will also remove some organics. They are easy to cut and you could probably place it that filter tray on your Bermuda.

Very nice nano reef btw!

Thanks Sammy. I'll try that. I have already noticed a big reduction in the growth rate on the nuisance algaes since adding the Bermuda. That thing is pulling a ton of dissolved organics from the water. I'm much happier with the water quality but still having some issues with micro bubbles from the return. Some tweezer work on the hair algae and another water change this week should do the trick on the remaining "bad" spots.

Looks great! I'm getting the a 38gal Hqi nano this week. Seeing your tank makes me want mine even more! Keep up the great work! :thumbs:

I still say it would be better off in my fish room...But HEY thats only my opinion heheh

Back