ARC - BCS College Football Competition

ActiveAngel

Contest Committee Lead
Supporting
Contest Committee
Reaction score
Football season is around the corner, so I’m hosting 2 non-reef competitions for BCS and NFL because... ‘Merica!

We’re a rapidly growing club, but still only have several hundred members. Knowing that, predicting full brackets isn’t necessary; I’m mostly interested in the Top 4. So tell me; who is coming out on top this year?!?!

ARC BCS Logo copy.png
Details
•1 submission per person per contest (you can participate in both NFL and BCS contests)
•Free to play and to win
•Submission must be made before August 31, 2019 at 11:59:59 PM (midnight)
•Winner will be chosen based on who has the most correct final prediction for the this season (after the championship game).
•If it comes down to it; there will be a tie-breaker MVP prediction that must be submitted before the start of the championship game.

How to Submit
Reply on this thread with the following format.
  1. Team 1
  2. Team 2
  3. Team 3
  4. Team 4
The Prize
100 gallon (2x 50g) bags of Instant Ocean Salt and a promo shirt.
Instant Ocean Prize

I’m interested to see if y’all like this type of event. If so, maybe we can host more going forward.

1. UGA
2. Clemson
3. Oklahoma
4. Alabama

I posted this on the NFL page accidentally. I would like some clarity though. Are we predicting the playoffs and champion/runner-up or final rankings?

Good question!

I’m pleasantly surprised at the support for these contests. In light of all this support; let’s expand on the simple framework established.

I remember that I used to be able to view the BCS points on ESPNs website, but that was a long time ago and those seem to be removed now. As such, I believe the AP Poll Final rankings after the championship match is the most fair; so let’s officialize that.

Domerman13 - Your on the money !!!!

1 - Alabama
2 - Clemson
3 - Oklahoma
4 - Georgia

Have a good day all.

Last day to post your submissions for free Salt (as well as for the two other contests ending today).

Even though I'm not eligible for my own contest, I'm guessing:
1. Clemson
2. Oregon
3. Oklahoma
4. Utah

I suspect there will be some big upsets this year, and I dont know which way things will fall. But UGA has a rough schedule, and Alabama is due for an upset.

Good evening everybody!

I know this post may seem to be coming a little early, with the championship game between #1 LSU and #3 Clemson still over a week away on January 13th... But let's face it guys, we've been beat!

UGA let down the majority of submissions, which were very similar. However, one of our members' submission is already ahead no matter how you analyze the data with any outcome of the championship game.
That winner is... @Ira January

Congrats brother! Shoot me a text or PM to claim your prize.

Note: Thank you all for participating. This was a challenging one to score for a first time. There are quite a few details and complexities which I thought would iron out on their own. In retrospect, I have a few ideas of how to make this type of competition more fun if we do this again!

Back