ARC Coral Grow Out Contest

So I tried to explain to everyone that picked up a frag... but was perhaps a tad too busy at times. I apologize if I didn't have a chance to tell you personally. Essentially, I was forced to swap out the watermelon for mowhawks. I had fragged 20 watermelons but 5 were not open as of the day before the swap. I didn't want to hand out frags to some people that might melt or make a bunch of new frags that would do even more poorly so I switched to larger established frags of long lash mowhawks. Everyone still got 2 frags... one BBEB and one Mowhawks. I hope you guys are cool with it. It was not my intention to switch it as I felt I was forced to do... :(

If by chance your frag happens to die on you I will be happy to give you freebie of it.

1542777825060.png

For the contest we are working on setting up individual folders for each contestant to load up their pics to. We are planning to setup a tracking thread as well. Please stand by for further instructions :)

Ok everyone, I got the containers setup for all of you in the media gallery. Only the person who's screen name is listed can post in their folder. I've tested it with mine and can see that I can't post in anyone else's. I thought it would be good to set it up that way so there wouldn't anyone cross posting and no one outside the contest can post in them either. It was also cool from my phone as the only folder showed up under the Zoa container was mine which made it pretty easy to post it. These folders will also be great for tracking your progress as only your pics will be in those folders and they'll be in chronological order. Once pics are in the container they can be linked back to the tracking thread and we encourage you to do that too.

I'd like all contestants to post a test pic in their folder and link it to a test thread I'm going to make. After everyone has done that I will clean up the folders and have Jin create an official tracking thread in prep for the 1st pic from everyone.

Since this is the 1st contest like this that we're doing on this site we're pretty much learning as we go. If any of you have any further ideas or comments please let us know here and we'll see what we can do to make it better.

Thanks!!!
Adam

Just picked mine up yesterday, so happy to get started. Quick question.
I know we need to leave them on the original plugs, but can we cut off the peg portion (leaving the disk with attached frag), and glue that somewhere? Figure this is fine, but need to confirm. Thanks!

I'm curious, this says 2 months with a start date of December 1. So it's been over two months now, when are we going to end the contest and submit final pictures for voting?

Last edited:
Back