DIY mixing station pump reccomendations

Coraliscool

Supporting
Reaction score
I did a gravity feed mixing station that is basically 2 stacked trash cans. Rodi on top with a valve then a t off then a valve at the bottom of the top can. If both valves are open it goes straight to the bottom mixing barrel. If the second valve is closed with the first opened it flows through the t as straight rodi water.
The bottom can has a valve at the bottom that can be opened to dispense saltwater.
I am currently using a submersible ac pump dropped in the salt can to mix this setup. I would like to upgrade to an external pump that I could plumb to allow circulation of the saltwater instead of just swirling it around. And be able to push water to the upstairs display tank for water changes. I most likely need it to be able to push the water up about 16 feet. Does anyone have ideas on an inexpensive option? Like less than 150 or even better less than 100. I am guessing it's worth about 100 bucks to not haul buckets up from the basement.

I did a gravity feed mixing station that is basically 2 stacked trash cans. Rodi on top with a valve then a t off then a valve at the bottom of the top can. If both valves are open it goes straight to the bottom mixing barrel. If the second valve is closed with the first opened it flows through the t as straight rodi water.
The bottom can has a valve at the bottom that can be opened to dispense saltwater.
I am currently using a submersible ac pump dropped in the salt can to mix this setup. I would like to upgrade to an external pump that I could plumb to allow circulation of the saltwater instead of just swirling it around. And be able to push water to the upstairs display tank for water changes. I most likely need it to be able to push the water up about 16 feet. Does anyone have ideas on an inexpensive option? Like less than 150 or even better less than 100. I am guessing it's worth about 100 bucks to not haul buckets up from the basement.
You might find a used Pond Master (Mag Drive series) pump and some PVC for under $100.

What is the head distance? Kuntry version. How high does it squirt water?

12' looks like the max head height on the 9.5 model at ~200GPH. The model # 12 maxes out at 14' head height at about ~160GPH. Anything beyond that listed is the model # 18.

1646933199005.png

I use Pan World 150's that works great. 16' head pressure should be able to get away with the 100 linked below.

Finished Mixing Station
20210319_124856.jpg

Pic to see full plumbing between tanks. The pic above is current setup.
20201216_125654.jpg

Thanks DiefsReef. The pan world is a great pump from what I have seen, its just a little out of my budget at the moment. I also want some controlability of the pump so if I am up stairs filling something I can stop it without running down stairs. I think that function may be a pipe dream though. May have to make do with a programmable outlet to stay in my budget

Thanks DiefsReef. The pan world is a great pump from what I have seen, its just a little out of my budget at the moment. I also want some controlability of the pump so if I am up stairs filling something I can stop it without running down stairs. I think that function may be a pipe dream though. May have to make do with a programmable outlet to stay in my budget
I have a hose connected with a valve on the end to each tanks. I choke down on the return valve to the tank on top and can control flow to the other valve on the end of the hose and thats how I fill my sumps after water changes and my ATS.

if your talking about my pic I have 2 displays, 120 and 45 cube plus sumps in basement and a 40 breeder frag qt. Little over 250 gallons total water volume. I use tons of RO water!!

Back