Fluval Evo 13.5 Build

bearcatn8

Reaction score
Sons and I are brand new to reefing but decided to take on a nano reef tank as a shared hobby. About 2 months (post cycle) into our build. Work in progress obviously, and will take a while for the corals to fill out, but getting there. Livestock:

2 Clowns
1 Tailspot Blenny
2 Redleg Hermits
4 Astrea Snails
2 Nassarius Snails

Also added an LED strip to underside of the stock hood (one end actually came loose right before I took this pic and was partially in the water) to add some additional blues to the light. Don't plan on growing SPS for now so think lighting will be fine.

Doing about a 10% water change every Sunday (feel like I'm pushing it with the bio load a bit so need to stay on top of it) and so far haven't had any issues with algae, and parameters all seem normal with weekly testing.

IMG_4932 (1).jpg

following... any updated pics? I am currently downsizing from a 55 gallon to this same tank with 2 clowns a purple dotty... I dont have coral but wanted to add some so I am curious to see how the coral are doing under the stock lighting? What led strip did you add to the underside?

Thanks!

following... any updated pics? I am currently downsizing from a 55 gallon to this same tank with 2 clowns a purple dotty... I dont have coral but wanted to add some so I am curious to see how the coral are doing under the stock lighting? What led strip did you add to the underside?

Thanks!
Will post some updated pics later. I think the corals are doing well with a combination of the stock light and the LED lights I got off amazon. I bought two of these (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08THC4583/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 - size 15 inch) and put them on either side of the stock light. Zoas, hammer, frog spawn, torch, and mushrooms all seem to be doing really well. I've had one coral die (it was a monitopora cap - the only SPS I had in the tank). Not sure exactly why as I had it pretty high and in med/hi flow (I suspect was water parameters ). Ultimately probably was a poor decision to put it in there in the first place.

Sons and I are brand new to reefing but decided to take on a nano reef tank as a shared hobby. About 2 months (post cycle) into our build. Work in progress obviously, and will take a while for the corals to fill out, but getting there. Livestock:

2 Clowns
1 Tailspot Blenny
2 Redleg Hermits
4 Astrea Snails
2 Nassarius Snails

Also added an LED strip to underside of the stock hood (one end actually came loose right before I took this pic and was partially in the water) to add some additional blues to the light. Don't plan on growing SPS for now so think lighting will be fine.

Doing about a 10% water change every Sunday (feel like I'm pushing it with the bio load a bit so need to stay on top of it) and so far haven't had any issues with algae, and parameters all seem normal with weekly testing.

View attachment 52472
Do you dose for the frogspawns?

Back