maroons laid eggs!!!!!!!!!

1mbrews8

Market
Reaction score
hey! I noticed that the maroon clowns that i got from james cook (thanks again!) have finally laid eggs!

i dont know exactly when but deff in the last 3 days.

when i first got them, i ordered all the algae disc, etc to raise the fry and started to do the 2L thing, but it got contaminated, so i dont have any made. I think i would be too late to try to get ready with this batch so -

IF ANYONE WANTS ABOUT 150-300 eggs, they are yours! come get them. they are on a ceramic pot in the aquarium...

How long do i have before the next batch? off the top of my head maybe 2 weeks? or is it 2 weeks after these hatch?

looking forward to finally trying this!

congrats mike..

my maroons usually hatch in 5 days... it takes 7 for most of my other clowns, and they lay again 4-5 days after they hatch, so the turn around time is around 9-10 for my nests..whats the temp of your tank? the speed of hatching and laying is greatly dependent on this..

good luck and let me know if you need pointers...

If u find out how to collect and transport eggs please let me know .i tried the turkey baster and cup. Didn't hatch in my friends breeder.

staying at 1.025-1.026 sal, temp is set at 77 on the heater (i have one of the suction cup tubular thermometers from petsmart which has it as halfway in the green) in the 10g tank

when i am ready to try to raise them and get their cycle down, i will switch ceramic pots out and grow them in a separate 10g..

Back