My First Live aboard trip

Todd_Washowich;690540 wrote: Lets Say ....the Aqua Cat, which is down there as well, That boat costs about $2600 plus another $300+ in fees to do.... they do an 8 day trip. I did a 7 day trip.....mine was $1250 plus $50 Bahama fee.. that's it..

SO I would say NO, unless the other boats were comparable in costs, no reason to do the others. This boat has 2 showers on it and makes it Own water. So water is not an issue... and I took showers on the deck anyway....

The
a> in the Solomons is top notch... I just got back from my second trip with them and highly recommend them - much better than the Aggressor, IMO.

Wow aqua cat is expensive, I'm paying no where near that kind of money (and won't for a Caribbean trip) for 7 days on Cayman aggressor and no park fees. I try to keep my dive trips under $225 per day and prefer $200 per day all inclusive if I'm diving any where in the Caribbean

2.5 days and I will be onboard the Cayman Aggressor for a week of diving those beautiful reefs of the cayman islands. Bloody Bay Wall has to be one of the most awesome dives in the caribbean.

Cayman trip is basicly history, sitting in grand Cayman airport flying out a day early due to hurricane rina that curtailed our diving and cost us 2 days of diving and one afternoon that had me thinking I was diving in that quarry in White Georgia except the water was 86 degrees. It was litterly white blizzard conditions due to all the sand stirred up from the winds and rough seas. I decided I should offer a navigation certification to those who made the dive and found their way back to the boat. 15 decent dives were accomplished with a voucher for 3 days of diving aboard another Aggressor trip within the next year which to me isn't to shabby.

Have a few pics posted on facebook, going to contact dive assure in the morning to see if I can recoup some of the cost of trip due to lost days of diving caused by a named storm. If so and then add in the voucher I'm supposed to receive from aggressor fleet I should come out OK and be set for a return trip next spring

Back