Perimeter Braced aquarium tips

AWarnick

Supporting
Reaction score
I jus acquired my first perimeter braced aquarium and wondering if there are any tips or recommendations anyone can give me in mounting my equipment? I know for sure I will be making a 80/20 bracket for the lights like my current aquarium but beyond that what other things need a different approach? I suppose eco tech pumps are the only ones people use because of the cable problem?

Any help appreciated

Here the new to me 220 gallon tank with my newly painted
Stand behind it
0a338bab61ef8a723e1e978dced35e42.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I believe the only thing you have to worry about is mounting your lights in which case I think hanging them would be a great option (it also looks great!)

Sorry clarified my post above which had a typo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can just run normal pumps like us poor folk with normal old school rimmed aquariums. Most powerheads have suction ups for cord management inside the aquarium. Put the suction cup a bit below the waterline to pull the cord to the glass until it's just about to the top and then up and out.

EcoTechs are nice though and if your looking for an excuse don't let my 2cents stop you. They are a slick piece of equipment for giving a clean appearance.

As previously stated lighting will be the bigger issue you'll either need to bring a mount up and over from behind the stand itself or ceiling mount and hang. Either uption would work.

Best of luck, look forward to seeing this one come together.

If you want a prefab light rack, I suggest AI HMS. I used these with the legs on my tank, eurobraced as well, just put some nonslip pads underneath the foot where they sit on the rim. never had an issue. However, I was always paranoid about hitting it and knocking it down while doing maintenance. So after 2 years, I decided to hang the lights, less stressful doing maintenance now.

Back