Southsiders

scout

Reaction score
It seems most folks are in the northside of ATL. Anyone south of ATL?
It'd be nice to be able to meet folks locally as well....I'm in Newnan.

You bet I'm south--try Macon! I work in Atlanta two days a week, though... I'm always looking for company on my side of town!

I'm in Senoia if that's close enough. I've also just started a business selling fish and corals from home. If you're interested let me know.
Richard
a>

Actually Newnan has an excellent store that just happens to be a club sponsor!

Fish Garden
Address:
2236 Highway 34 E
Newnan, GA

Phone:
770-252-4022
Club Discount:
10% on all items unless marked otherwise

wildemon wrote: Actually Newnan has an excellent store that just happens to be a club sponsor!

Fish Garden
Address:
2236 Highway 34 E
Newnan, GA

Phone:
770-252-4022
Club Discount:
10% on all items unless marked otherwise

Well, I'm a little "iffy" on them. Depends on who you speak to when you go. One guy in particular is helpful and fairly knowledgable...I think his name is Matt. There's another guy who though nice, is clueless and has provided terrible advice.

As for the owner I haven't interacted significantly with him, however I felt that customer satisfaction was NOT of paramount importance. Maybe I caught him on bad days, but my observation was that he's primarily out to corner the local market and extract as much money as it'll bear first and foremost. I also came away with the feeling that he takes competition (especially internet) way too personally...almost offended I would not pay his 75% - 100% mark up on equipment. I'm all for supporting local business and capitalism, but within a reasonable level. If you price gouge, give bad advice and treat your customers poorly, I simply will not support your business. Hopefully we'll get some competition in the area which will allow The Fish Garden to focus more on success through quality, service and value.

im in lagrange, just south of newnan and drive all the way to tyrone to "the pet showcase" to do buisenness. scott, the owner, is a good guy and they have good prices.
the fish garden is a little high and they have had terible cyno in their tanks for the past 4-5 months. the owner is a marine biologist, from what ive heard , and seems to be fairly friendly if he has time but i have a hard time paying premium prices for coral covered in cyno and closed polyps.

Back