Sump in furnature next to aquarium

anthony

Market
Reaction score
I was curious if anyone has tried to put a piece of furniture or build some type of bench to put a sump in next to the aquarium? A friend of mine gave me his 65 gallon aquarium. It is beautiful but I would love to use a 44-in sump that I have on it. However that's definitely not going to fit underneath it. Was thinking of building some kind of furniture or bench and running the hoses over to it so I can have a bigger sump on that system. Has anyone tried such a thing any thoughts on it? I do appreciate all advice. PS I have thought about going to the floor and putting sump in basement but I'm trying to avoid that at this time...

I was curious if anyone has tried to put a piece of furniture or build some type of bench to put a sump in next to the aquarium? A friend of mine gave me his 65 gallon aquarium. It is beautiful but I would love to use a 44-in sump that I have on it. However that's definitely not going to fit underneath it. Was thinking of building some kind of furniture or bench and running the hoses over to it so I can have a bigger sump on that system. Has anyone tried such a thing any thoughts on it? I do appreciate all advice. PS I have thought about going to the floor and putting sump in basement but I'm trying to avoid that at this time...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240107_193606_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240107_193606_Gallery.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 22
No reason why it wouldn't work, many people have remote sumps in different rooms and different floors.
Thank you Steve... meet to try to figure out of I can build a nice piece to hold sump and place next to tank or if I'm just better off running it through the floor into the basement...

No reason why it wouldn't work, many people have remote sumps in different rooms and different floors.

Yup no reason it wont work perfectly fine. My sump is in the basement and about 30 feet away from the tank.

I would be worried about humidity in an enclosed piece of furniture. Must aquarium stands are completely open on the back, which allows for the evaporation to escape without damaging the wood. A closed piece of furniture would have to have very good ventilation to prevent damage or warping from humidity. Sealing the wood is a total must, but actively venting the box may also be needed.

Back