Waterbox 230.6

Onefallleaf

Market
Reaction score
Well its been a few months since the setup, but I thought I'd share some pictures and experiences with everyone. This tank is the Waterbox 230.6, they no longer produce this tank and have since decreased the size to a 220.6

Overall I love the build quality of this tank. I've owned many tanks over the years and this is by far one of the nicest. The main points that stand out to me are the overflow, sump, and the stand.

The overflow stands apart from the RedSeas because they are made fully out of glass, just a much better look in my opinion.

I really like the sump design, it has a great purpose to every inch of it. I do wish it was slightly larger for this size tank, so I could get a large refugium setup.

The stand I feel like is one of the best features to this entire tank. It is very sturdy and has an immense amount of features. It offers slow close doors along with them being easily removable. I've also had my fair share of spills and the stand has held up very well. No swelling or paint chipping.

These were the main things I loved about the tank, but thats not to say the other parts of it are not great.20190301_131832.jpg20190304_165353.jpg20190305_111447.jpg20190325_193157.jpg

I am planning on doing something really similar. Keep us in the loop on how it is going! Also I would appreciate your thoughts on the water box I am thinking about getting one.

I am planning on doing something really similar. Keep us in the loop on how it is going! Also I would appreciate your thoughts on the water box I am thinking about getting one.
Ya, I will. There will be an update soon, I've been having some issues due to it being a barebottom without any sand.

I highly recommend the Waterbox series of tanks. I have 2. This 230.6 and their 28.2 frag tank. I took apart the frag when I moved but am in the process of setting it up again soon. For the same price as the Red Sea series, i think the Waterboxes are better value.

Love the rock work!
Thanks! Took me forever as you can probably see in the pictures.

You still reefing bud? I’d like to see an update with the bare bottom I am doing the same!

Back