Go Back   Home > Atlanta Reef Club Forums > Special Interest Groups > Nano Reefs
Register / Join the ARC Community Chat Gallery MemberMap Forums Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Visit all of our sponsors


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-08-2016, 9:03 AM   #1
Greggduguid Greggduguid is offline
ARC Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 22
City: Duluth
State: GA
LED upgrade for nanocube

Is there anyone in the metro area that does LED upgrades for the nanocube canopy? I have found somewhere in California that does it, but would rather spend the money locally. Any recommendations would be appreciated. If any of you are interested in the upgrade I found just search nanocube led upgrade on eBay. The only downside is a 20-30 day turn around time.

Thanks


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 11:59 AM   #2
Ricky5415 Ricky5415 is offline
ARC Member
 
Ricky5415's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 273
City: Norcross
State: GA
Occupation: Managing
Other Interests: Walking on the shore, diy stuff,motorcycle and playing with my dogs
Real Name: Ricky
Why don't u just remove the hood and get a kessil. Look much nicer + less worry about salt creep

Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 12:02 PM   #3
Greggduguid Greggduguid is offline
ARC Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 22
City: Duluth
State: GA
I will look into that. Thanks for the suggestion Ricky


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 12:04 PM   #4
Greggduguid Greggduguid is offline
ARC Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 22
City: Duluth
State: GA
Is there a particular model recommended? Sorry I am new to this


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 12:26 AM   #5
Ricky5415 Ricky5415 is offline
ARC Member
 
Ricky5415's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 273
City: Norcross
State: GA
Occupation: Managing
Other Interests: Walking on the shore, diy stuff,motorcycle and playing with my dogs
Real Name: Ricky
I think a kessil 160 would fit perfectly. Also give u the intensity adjustment as well. There is a new one for a nano from kessils, but the par is only about half as the 160

Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 8:28 AM   #6
Greggduguid Greggduguid is offline
ARC Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 22
City: Duluth
State: GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky5415 View Post
I think a kessil 160 would fit perfectly. Also give u the intensity adjustment as well. There is a new one for a nano from kessils, but the par is only about half as the 160


Thanks Ricky. I will do some researching this weekend. Possibly hit up some B&M to compare.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 10:33 AM   #7
joseayes joseayes is offline
Atlanta Reef Club Member
ARC Member
 
joseayes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,208
City: Lawrenceville
State: GA
Real Name: Antonio
Send a message via AIM to joseayes Send a message via MSN to joseayes Send a message via Yahoo to joseayes
I was interested on one particular model, it's an 85watt box led, the person who I've talk with it says it's pretty good that it can grow sps, aside from other requirements on water quality of course.
content://com.sec.android.app.sbrowser/readinglist/1205153559.mhtml

We've a chat on Fb and the service and warranty seems pretty good and not bad compared with the top brands, heck the price it's really good.


One thing, always something haha! Wish they can be wifi capable, nowadays seems to be a norm that everyone wants to find the right spot with the coral demands through a controller at your liking.
The guy also said that the desing can be hacked and they can be controlled, if desired, with any of the controllers available.

Oops, link won't work. Follow this on Google:

sBox Sprite Reef Nano
__________________
200TVS, Orca Skimmer, 3x MRC Rx, GEO618 GaRx, MRC Nilsen Rx) Reeflo ext pump, EA UV sterilizer, radion G3PRO, 2x MP40QD, DoS, Apex. All in the works

Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 11:57 AM   #8
Greggduguid Greggduguid is offline
ARC Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 22
City: Duluth
State: GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseayes View Post
I was interested on one particular model, it's an 85watt box led, the person who I've talk with it says it's pretty good that it can grow sps, aside from other requirements on water quality of course.
content://com.sec.android.app.sbrowser/readinglist/1205153559.mhtml

We've a chat on Fb and the service and warranty seems pretty good and not bad compared with the top brands, heck the price it's really good.


One thing, always something haha! Wish they can be wifi capable, nowadays seems to be a norm that everyone wants to find the right spot with the coral demands through a controller at your liking.
The guy also said that the desing can be hacked and they can be controlled, if desired, with any of the controllers available.

Oops, link won't work. Follow this on Google:

sBox Sprite Reef Nano


What is the group on fb? Looks like something I might be interested in.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 4:45 PM   #9
Trizzino Trizzino is offline
Trustee
ARC BoD

ARC Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 138
City: Alpharetta
State: GA
Occupation: IT Project Manager
Real Name: Austin
I have a reefbreeder nano aka coral box led for sale. It was on my tank for a couple months as a fill in for the shadowing ends. It is an awesome little light and would be perfect for a nano tank.

Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 10:53 PM   #10
joseayes joseayes is offline
Atlanta Reef Club Member
ARC Member
 
joseayes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,208
City: Lawrenceville
State: GA
Real Name: Antonio
Send a message via AIM to joseayes Send a message via MSN to joseayes Send a message via Yahoo to joseayes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greggduguid View Post
What is the group on fb? Looks like something I might be interested in.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The page is: sbreeflights.com
The light I'm talking about is the SB Sprite Reef Nano 2
We had the talk on Fb, yes, it was on a biocube group, responding to someone looking for an upgrade, but the thread was not specially for that simple light, one guy, i guess the owner just suggested it as an option.
__________________
200TVS, Orca Skimmer, 3x MRC Rx, GEO618 GaRx, MRC Nilsen Rx) Reeflo ext pump, EA UV sterilizer, radion G3PRO, 2x MP40QD, DoS, Apex. All in the works

Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 9:28 AM   #11
Greggduguid Greggduguid is offline
ARC Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 22
City: Duluth
State: GA
I picked up a new canopy off eBay yesterday. It was super cheap and gives me an extra so I can play around with the old.

I found this site this morning. Still researching more options

http://proledsupply.com/contents/en-us/d2.html


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 7:54 PM   #12
ReeferJW ReeferJW is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Age: 45
Posts: 203
City: NE Cobb
State: GA
Occupation: Operations Supervisor
Other Interests: N.O. Saints, Guitar, Boats, Beaches, Beer, my dogs Bubba and Boolee, 45G Planted tank
I am way late on this, but check out Nanobox too. The website is Nanoboxreef.com. He is out of North Carolina and the lights are solid quality. I have the duo and did a DIY stand with conduit pipe from Lowes.

Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 8:04 PM   #13
Greggduguid Greggduguid is offline
ARC Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 22
City: Duluth
State: GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReeferJW View Post
I am way late on this, but check out Nanobox too. The website is Nanoboxreef.com. He is out of North Carolina and the lights are solid quality. I have the duo and did a DIY stand with conduit pipe from Lowes.


I will give it a look. Thank you. I found a spare hood on eBay for super cheap. I do want to make a transition to LED though.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 11:28 AM   #14
xilez xilez is online now
Atlanta Reef Club Member
ARC Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 318
City: Atlanta
State: GA
Occupation: Designer
Real Name: Collin
Personally, I would just get rid of the lid...ditching the lid allows for ALL SORTS of LED options

Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 users and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My 12g Nanocube barry_keith Nano Reefs 11 07-10-2010 5:12 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 8:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2000 - 2015, Atlanta Reef Club, Inc.