Go Back   Home > Atlanta Reef Club Forums > Reef Discussion
Register / Join the ARC Community Chat Gallery MemberMap Forums Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Visit all of our sponsors

Old 12-13-2012, 2:14 PM   #81
ARC Member
ARC Member

City: Atlanta
State: GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce 1 View Post
Dave, I might have missed this in the post. I am reading up on calcium reactors and plan to set mine up soon. So what controller do you use? I use RKE but with them you can only use one PH probe. Is that all that is needed? Or do you have one in the reactor and one in the sump? Also the meida for the second chamber do you use the same media as in the first chamber?
Thanks Bruce
Hi Bruce,
I also have an RKE. You can run more than one pH probe, but you need a second SL1 or SL2 module to do it. I have an SL1 and SL2, and one has a pH probe going it not he sump to measure system pH, and the other is in the calcium reactor.

I have ARM extra coarse inthe reactor, and ARM coarse in the second media reactor. I did not intentionally use ARM Coarse in the second reactor, it was the only thing at the store available. Lots of folks here use TLF ReBorn with great results.
Dave