Go Back   Home > Atlanta Reef Club Forums > Special Interest Groups > Divers Den
Register / Join the ARC Community Chat Gallery MemberMap Forums Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Visit all of our sponsors

Old 11-20-2015, 8:13 AM   #1

City: Tyrone
State: GA
Need some time in water... where?

Anyone have recommendations on where to go to get some time in the water this time of year into winter? I've been dry too long (4-5 years) but have Advanced cert and will be doing a full week technical/scientific course in May, but wanted to get in some time underwater first.

I am guessing the springs in FL might be easiest, but I'm open to other thoughts.

Cheers!

Old 11-20-2015, 8:57 AM   #2
Useful Idiot
ARC Member

City: Marietta
Other Interests: Baseball
which springs - rainbow springs? It's an easy fresh dive and there are plenty of elevation changes to practice buoyancy. There are also some queries nearby, but the visibility is terrible. West Palm near the bridge is nice but that's a little bit of a drive.

Old 11-20-2015, 9:05 AM   #3

City: Tyrone
Its been many years since I did the springs, but from what I recall we did Devil's Den system (plus the river drift dive), Blue Grotto, Ginnie Spring, and I know there was one other.

And yes, West Palm is a pretty stiff drive, was hoping for sites a little closer.