CLOSED: Springtime Photo Contest! (Prize $50 Gift card to LFS of choice)

ActiveAngel

Contest Committee Lead
Supporting
Contest Committee
Reaction score
Good morning everyone,

This contest is completely free and open for supporting members! If you're not an ARC supporting member consider joining, it's well worth it. ARC has frequent frag-swaps, free prizes, cool guest speakers, raffles, and generous free give-aways from existing members... plus many members will give you free coral frags just for joining.

ZW8A8355.jpg

For this photo-contest, Spring is in the Air! The sun is shining. Flowers are beginning to bloom. Gardeners and sowing their vegetables. Please submit your photos of any livestock variety "named" after or akin plants/fungi/bugs you may see in a garden. (It does not include larger animals. That's a later contest). Also, please include a title for people that may not recognize the connection. Several examples may include Rock Flower Anemones, Bonsai or Field of Dreams Acros, or even any Mushrooms or Toadstools. If you wish to post a "[Coral] garden" I ask that this include at least 4 different varieties of related corals (e.g., 4 unique euphyllia for a euphyllia garden). Your livestock name should be generally recognized, even if rare. I'm not accepting names that you made up on-the-spot and cannot be identified elsewhere online... that would be too easy for an already inclusive contest.

This will (tentatively) end March 31st at 11:59pm. The winner will be announced the following week.

The prize will be a TBD (they usually have a $50+ value) ! Whichever pic the contest committee likes the most will win. Please vote on photos too; share some love for the people who participate.
I will reach out to those who expressed interest to help with contest committee voting on final submission.

Contest FAQs

Enjoy a few more awesome photos from previous years
Screen Shot 2020-09-26 at 10.22.00 PM.png17RedBounce.jpegsailfin blenny.jpeg

5RicordeaDball.JPG

Last edited:
5RicordeaDball.JPG

Interesting that my picture from last years mushroom contest is being used as an example, it won the popular vote but didn’t even get an honorable mention in that contest. This is part of the reason I won’t participate I these contests.

Last edited:
As usual, we have a lot of wonderful submissions. @dball711 is well known for always taking mindblowingly incredible photos! Of the 38 submissions on that contest, I've attached the 6 finalist photos, including his. You're also welcome to review the other 32 additional submissions and decide if these 6 were reasonable choices (please let me know in another forum or via text/call). In my opinion, these are all excellent and worthy of praise!

As always, everyone was and is welcomed to participate. And rather than hijacking this thread or another, i created a separate thread dedicated to constructively discussing procedures.

I'd like to keep this thread focused on this contest please. Meanwhile, you may also use these photos for inspiration!

(...also, you may notice the # at the beginning of each file name. I treat the photos as numbers when i narrow them down, and in this case, added the name afterwards.)

Attachments

• 18Superman.jpeg
    18Superman.jpeg
    437.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 8YumaRick.jpg
    8YumaRick.jpg
    487.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 7weirdbounceStraightJiggy.jpeg
    7weirdbounceStraightJiggy.jpeg
    376.9 KB · Views: 25
  • 5RicordeaDball.JPG
    5RicordeaDball.JPG
    552.4 KB · Views: 29
  • 3OGBounceBetico.jpg
    3OGBounceBetico.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 27
  • 21RicordeasHunna.jpeg
    21RicordeasHunna.jpeg
    313.1 KB · Views: 20
5RicordeaDball.JPG

Interesting that my picture from last years mushroom contest is being used as an example, it won the popular vote but didn’t even get an honorable mention in that contest. This is part of the reason I won’t participate I these contests.
I know you have some great subject matter, you sure you're unwilling to give it a go?

If mushrooms count, then I’m in! Are we to create a separate thread or just post here?

Looking at these pics has me thinking that my tank is very bland. Like so many of these look great with all the multi color coral and mine are all basically single colors. 😭

@dball711, please take my wallet.

You already know I love your ‘shrooms and I was happy with what I had till I saw that photo.

You don’t know this, but I look forward every day to seeing what the mushrooms I bought from you are up to. I honestly don’t know why hammers and torches get as much money as they do seeing your mushrooms in my tank. The colors, the pop - gosh amazing!! And I’ve said that in this forum before.

But man you’re holding back from me and I’m cool if you don’t enter this contest but please find another way to share the joy with us and more importantly let me buy some more of those mushrooms.

But do that after you sell the next batch to me!!

Cabbage Leather. Not the most interesting coral but it was one of my first and has grown a lot since I got it.

Attachments

• 20240330_131841.jpg
    20240330_131841.jpg
    393.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 20240330_131832.jpg
    20240330_131832.jpg
    308.6 KB · Views: 11
Back