BRS Customer Service

NanCrab

Supporting
Reaction score
I’m going to give them 5 stars.
Have never had any issues with any orders until this past one. I ordered replacement reagents for one of my Hanna checkers. Usually they come wrapped in plastic but this box wasn’t, when I opened the box it seemed emptied than it should have so I decided to count the packets. 18 not 25. Contacted customer service via chat feature and they gave me a store credit and said I didn’t need to return what they sent.
2 thumbs up!

NanCrab

Supporting
Reaction score
I’m taking it back! The promised credit never landed in my account. Or that much money so I won’t make a fuss over it but disappointing nonetheless.

Jwhite0007

Market
Reaction score
I’m taking it back! The promised credit never landed in my account. Or that much money so I won’t make a fuss over it but disappointing nonetheless.
BRS’s customer service was extremely disappointing to me. They tried to talk over me the entire time and wouldn’t even attempt to work with me. Not a fan either.

jmcdona6

Supporting
Reaction score
I have had a completely different experience. I've had four orders with issues out of 34 or so I have made (I know I need to get help). One time on a plumbing order they forgot to include one out of like 50 plumbing components I ordered. They shipped me a replacement 2nd day air and gave me a $10 coupon. The 2nd time was recently when I ordered a UV Sterilizer but it came with a shattered quartz sleeve. I called them and they sent me another no questions asked. No pictures required, no questioning...like legit all they said was were sorry and immediately sent me a new sleeve...note this part is like $75 retail. The other two were backorder issues (heater and ESV 2-part) that they ultimately gave me credit for.

Last edited:

Jwhite0007

Market
Reaction score
I have had a completely different experience. I've had four orders with issues out of 34 or so I have made (I know I need to get help). One time on a plumbing order they forgot to include one out of like 50 plumbing components I ordered. They shipped me a replacement 2nd day air and gave me a $10 coupon. The 2nd time was recently when I ordered a UV Sterilizer but it came with a shattered quartz sleeve. I called them and they sent me another no questions asked. No pictures required, no questioning...like legit all they said was were sorry and immediately sent me a new sleeve...note this part is like $75 retail. The other two were backorder issues (heater and ESV 2-part) that they ultimately gave me credit for.
I’m sure everyone has different experiences with any sellers. My last experience was particularly bad and they didn’t want to help me out at all. The worst part was their customer service rep’s attitude. Constantly talking over me on the phone instead of trying to listen to my complaint. I will only buy from Marine Depot or a LFS going forward

jmcdona6

Supporting
Reaction score
I’m sure everyone has different experiences with any sellers. My last experience was particularly bad and they didn’t want to help me out at all. The worst part was their customer service rep’s attitude. Constantly talking over me on the phone instead of trying to listen to my complaint. I will only buy from Marine Depot or a LFS going forward

That's unfortunate.

I would say if I had a negative about BRS, its their shipping. Not that it is bad perse, but they haven't gotten with the times. 24-48 hours to get things out the door. They are in Minnesota so of course the package has to go a long way to get to us down in Georgia. Then they use UPS that doesn't deliver (or move packages) really on the weekends unless it is using a premium shipping method. Can easily be 5-7 business days to get something from them.

On the other hand, you can order from Marine Depot that has a warehouse in Atlanta. Pick the cheapest shipping and it will still arrive within 48-72 hours, including weekend deliveries in most cases.