Buyers Beware - Payment Scammers

iu_gary

Supporting
Reaction score
I wanted to let folks know I was scammed by someone on a legit sales thread. Seller did nothing wrong. Some undesirable person took advantage of my post. I posted on a sale thread that I would like to get a frag. Seller wanted to be paid via Zelle and I posted to send Zelle info. I did not include my cell number in my post. I received the attached text with the payment info shortly after the post. Somehow they matched my screen name and cell number without me realizing it. I assumed I had bought something from the Seller and they had my number. I sent the payment to a scammer and not the seller.

just thought I would post my experience as this scammer is intent on stealing from us. Please let me know if anyone loses there money as well.

Gary

Attachments

• E92DB4EA-46A0-4BD7-BA7B-47ADEE36CF8C.jpeg
    E92DB4EA-46A0-4BD7-BA7B-47ADEE36CF8C.jpeg
    91.1 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

billyocean

Supporting
Reaction score
Obviously they are looking at the posts and targeting arc. The misspelled "holy/hoky" even the same.

Rainblood

Trustee
Staff member
Supporting
Reaction score
I'm not super tech savvy - but even with a ph#, email & bank acct...you have no recourse?
That seems like so much information to not be able to do anything...granted its $50 but still...