Coral glue recommendations

ActiveAngel

2021 Trustee
Staff member
Supporting
Reaction score
My preferred brand is BSI (Bob Smith Industries)

But really youre looking for
  • "Cyanoacrylate": reef safe glue that cures with moisture
  • "Gel": because non-gel versions can be runny and difficult to work with

Doberman13

Staff member
Supporting
Reaction score
I go to dollar general and get the single use gel packs. They never have much in stock. Recently I bought a ten pack from harbor freight but it seems like the tubes are less filled and they never seal completely so that whatever is left is hardened by the time I use it next.

enderg60

Supporting
Reaction score
Super glue sucks for bonding uneven surfaces together so you end up using a whole tube for one frag. Epoxy sucks because it doesnt stick very well unless you squish it into the cracks and wait for it to dry. The solution is both.

Reef safe epoxy (pretty much any kind) and super glue gel (also pretty much any kind)

Dry the bottom of your frag, blob of super glue, then a ball of epoxy, then another blob of super glue and stick it where you want. Hold for 2 min and youre done.

Cook

Supporting
Reaction score
I think the Seachem reef glue works well, but lately I have had trouble with the cap welding itself to the nozzle.

dball711

Supporting
Reaction score
The absolute best way to glue coral to rock work is to use super glue gel. Use a disposable glove and put a small blob of super glue gel on your finger tip. Then reach into the tank using your fingertip with the gel and press/rub it into the rock work. It will turn white. Next place a blob of super glue gel on the frag you want to secure and press it into the glue you just rubbed into the rock. Hold it in place for a couple of seconds, the attachment is almost instant.

Andrew32

Reaction score
The absolute best way to glue coral to rock work is to use super glue gel. Use a disposable glove and put a small blob of super glue gel on your finger tip. Then reach into the tank using your fingertip with the gel and press/rub it into the rock work. It will turn white. Next place a blob of super glue gel on the frag you want to secure and press it into the glue you just rubbed into the rock. Hold it in place for a couple of seconds, the attachment is almost instant.
gloves....why do i never wear gloves 🤦‍♂️.

I used gel superglue. use way more than you think and when you press it down i rotate to make sure the skin layer is broken.