Drum Set

SaltwaterGardening

Supporting
Reaction score
My teenage daughter has become quite the percussionist. She wants to buy a set of used drums. I heard about Music Go Round in Duluth as an option. Anyone have a drum set for sale before we head over to Duluth this weekend? I’m in Marietta. Thanks!

SaltwaterGardening

Supporting
Reaction score
Music go round is a cool place. Check out Facebook marketplace for better deals. Also would recommend electric drums for the house lol

Electric drums were my recommendation, but the husband thinks a regular set will be better. Luckily she is not a heavy metal rocker! I’m trying to educate myself on drum sets to find an online deal. Music Go Around has closed the showroom for a short time, so we haven’t been there either. Thanks.

SaltwaterGardening

Supporting
Reaction score
I'm with you, electronic drums. Katie is playing percussion in the Walker band, luckily she is playing the xylophone.

She’s mostly on xylophone, cymbals, bells, and other random percussionist toys for 8th grade band. But they let her play on a drum set and she can’t stop talking about it!

joeyprice

Supporting
Reaction score
She’s mostly on xylophone, cymbals, bells, and other random percussionist toys for 8th grade band. But they let her play on a drum set and she can’t stop talking about it!
My best friend growing up and I went to our first concert with his dad in 5th grade. His mom would still give him a hard time years later, shouting over the drum set "this is your fault, you took him to that KISS concert!"

fishyfishy

Member Coordinator
Supporting
Reaction score
I’ve played drums most my life. The electronic ones have gotten much better than they used to, but they aren’t going to allow very easy expansion in the future if she remains interested. You can’t replicate the actual way you hit a cymbal with electronic pads and all the different sounds you can get out of it. There are benefits though, like playing along with songs in your headphones easier (quieter) and being able to assign the drums different sounds.

I would probably recommend acoustic first, it will help learn on the actual thing. Plenty of good brands and I always recommend buying a nicer model (well cared for) used than a cheaper model new. Replace the heads and get new sticks and she should be rocking!

myvwrock

Supporting
Reaction score
I’ve played drums most my life. The electronic ones have gotten much better than they used to, but they aren’t going to allow very easy expansion in the future if she remains interested. You can’t replicate the actual way you hit a cymbal with electronic pads and all the different sounds you can get out of it. There are benefits though, like playing along with songs in your headphones easier (quieter) and being able to assign the drums different sounds.

I would probably recommend acoustic first, it will help learn on the actual thing. Plenty of good brands and I always recommend buying a nicer model (well cared for) used than a cheaper model new. Replace the heads and get new sticks and she should be rocking!
+1. Start with acoustic.

Sent from my LM-K500 using Tapatalk

Jack Landers

Supporting
Reaction score
How much are you looking at spending? I've got a Alesis Stike set of be tempted to part with.

Attachments

• received_3045431642170286.jpeg
    received_3045431642170286.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 12