Favorite Atlanta area store

tptguy

Reaction score
I’m happy to make my first post on this forum about how much I love Nemo Aquarium. I live in Macon and came here while visiting a friend. They always have great selection and fair prices. The staff is so friendly and helpful, and always happy to answer my endless questions. Can’t wait to go back and pick up some new coral.

Reefchef

Supporting
Reaction score
Welcome, I know it's a drive but hopefully you'll get to make it to a meeting oneday. Which Nemos did you go to, lilburn or Duluth? Ive been to the one in Duluth, that's my go to for fish so far and the staff is great.

tptguy

Reaction score
Duluth, I didn’t know there’s a second store. And thank you! Just found this forum yesterday, just too late to make the meeting. How often are they? I’ll try to make the next one.

Reefchef

Supporting
Reaction score
Also please let us know what type of set up your running and maybe a few pics. And don't be afraid to ask any questions, you have a lot of great reefers on here to assist.

anit77

Treasurer
Staff member
Supporting
Reaction score
Welcome to ARC!

Yes, Nemo in Duluth is a great store. There's also Atlanta Aquarium in Duluth. It'd be a shame to come all the way up from Macon and not stop there too. They're on Pleasant Hill just west of I85 and less than 10min from Nemo's. As far as favorites, for me it's a toss up between these two. Both are pretty good and they're also very close to me, so I'm a bit biased.

Honorable mentions go to Pure Reef in Alpharetta & Southern Aquatics in Roswell. The latter's selections is getting better all the time. Also, both Southern & Atlanta Aquarium have a pretty good selection of freshwater products if you're into that as well.

ActiveAngel

2020 Vice President
Supporting
Reaction score
Welcome! You found a great store right off the bat. definitely come to the meetings too. You’ll find lots of great info and people willing to help you here.

Nemo’s in Duluth and Southern Aquatics are my two favorite! With Atlanta aquarium and Pure Reef as my runners up. All are great stores with their own strengths.

jcook54

2020 Secretary
Staff member
Supporting
Reaction score
Most of the stores are North of the city but the Nemo's in Stone Mtn is pretty great too. If you're really feeling froggy, the Nemo's just South of Charlotte is one of my faves. I haven't been there since they moved (a year ago?) but the store they were set up in was really nice. I believe they are all related so I don't mind mentioning all of them in the same sponsor thread.

ActiveAngel

2020 Vice President
Supporting
Reaction score
Most of the stores are North of the city but the Nemo's in Stone Mtn is pretty great too. If you're really feeling froggy, the Nemo's just South of Charlotte is one of my faves. I haven't been there since they moved (a year ago?) but the store they were set up in was really nice. I believe they are all related so I don't mind mentioning all of them in the same sponsor thread.
I’m driving up to Charlotte for thanksgiving and will definitely stop by.