Has anybody dove at the Atlanta Aquarium or want to???

Totes

Trustee
Supporting
Reaction score
I'm actually planning to go in October. I won a voucher at sea ventures, and I've heard great stories about it from the dive shop! They say that people fly to Atlanta specifically so they can dive with the whale sharks in the aquarium.

lmm1967

Supporting
Reaction score
At least 1 person here dives regularly there

Tish & I have dove in the big tank when I volunteered down there.
It’s a little pricey but IMO well worth it.

watching the manta rays do loops in your bubbles from underneath is just amazing.

Mr.Fishy

Supporting
Reaction score
I was just there last month and I never know that this was a thing so this is going on the bucket list haha

jcook54

Secretary
Staff member
Supporting
Reaction score
I now @wildernet has done it a lot in the past. I believe it was in a volunteer capacity of some sort but, if memory serves, it was pretty regular.

wildernets

Staff member
Supporting
Reaction score
Yep. I dive it multiple times a month. It’s fantastic! Nothing quite like a Manta Ray gliding about an inch over your head while you scrub algae off the rocks. Or diving in the tank to place corals and feed fish. HIGHLY recommended!

ActiveAngel

Vice President
Staff member
Supporting
Reaction score
My wife and I both want to. And I’ll be looking to volunteer there shortly

I was sad to hear one of the Mantas passed away a couple months back.

scuba steve

Supporting
Reaction score
Absolutely amazing experience, highly recommended.

The new shark tank opens later this month and there will be a cage dive you can do in that tank too.

ActiveAngel

Vice President
Staff member
Supporting
Reaction score
Absolutely amazing experience, highly recommended.

The new shark tank opens later this month and there will be a cage dive you can do in that tank too.
I’ve been counting down the days! I hear they are getting Giant Hammerheads and Tigers (as well as sand tigers and some of the other staples).

scuba steve

Supporting
Reaction score
I’ve been counting down the days! I hear they are getting Giant Hammerheads and Tigers (as well as sand tigers and some of the other staples).
Correct.
Some of the other include Sand Tigers, Silkies, Silver, black, and White-tips, plus a few more. Exhibit opens the 23rd :)

a2mazza

Supporting
Reaction score
My wife, daughter and I did it a few years ago and it was an awful lot of fun.
We all loved it and would recommend it - there isn't anywhere that you can see so many creatures living in harmony in such choose proximity.
Well worth the money!