Inquiring mind

What are some experiences you guys have with seahorses? I am looking to purchase some larger seahorses but have no experience with the species and I am trying to avoid issues I think they are beautiful. I have no idea in regards to appropriate tank mates or do’s and don’t’s. I am more than certain that I will be purchasing a pair rather sooner than later but I want to approach this with caution...... thanks

I went to the fish store (actual name of merchant) today and saw a bunch for $100 bucks each and fell in love but felt I needed to do research before making a purchase..... thanks for the reply

vols22

Supporting
Yeah for sure I know they are difficult to keep but I'm sure if you research and set up your tank accordingly you will be fine.

Anthony king

Supporting
Nemo aquarium (snellville) had a bunch today also ive had one about 2 years
low flow and alot of feeding reallly about it and no fast moving tankmates otherwise they might not eat mine finally eats frozen

Nifftiness

Supporting
I kept 3 in a Biocube for 2 years. I kept it seahorses only. Fed twice a day. Being home for feeding was the most trying part. I turned the pumps off during feeding and kept them off for 15-20 min, each feeding. Weekly water changes. It was not nearly as challenging as people make it out so long as your home a lot and don’t go away.

Attachments

adamdaniel210

Supporting
Generally if you are wanting to do seahorses you will want to build your system around them. corals for them to anchor to (leathers and gorgonians) and no stinging corals. Slow to medium flow. They are usually best in species only systems but lots of people have had good success housing them with slower swimming fish like cardinals and gobies. Several have had success with clowns as long as they aren't over territorial. If you have any other questions or need any other help let me know

I kept 3 in a Biocube for 2 years. I kept it seahorses only. Fed twice a day. Being home for feeding was the most trying part. I turned the pumps off during feeding and kept them off for 15-20 min, each feeding. Weekly water changes. It was not nearly as challenging as people make it out so long as your home a lot and don’t go away.
Thanks for the input your comments were truly helpful