Kessil 160we for fuge light ?

Eric_n_Ga

Supporting
Reaction score
My 160 has lost 2 leds ( blues) and has a 3rd flickering. I've replaced it with a new noopsyche but now I have this broken light and controller .

With the blues on the fritz and the whites basically brand new as I never use them do you think I can use this for a refugium light to grow cheato . Program it to come on at night and only run white ? I know it grows algae in the display ,and I like the compact size and looks .

Or

Dylan484

Supporting
Reaction score
I don't see why not? Maybe wait for a few more replies, but the worst you can do is try it and see?

Eric_n_Ga

Supporting
Reaction score
I am trying as we speak. I attached it to the noopsyche bracket for now . I'll give it a few weeks and report back

bigd

Supporting
Reaction score
It's definitely overkill, but it'll definitely work. Be prepared to clean the body of your skimmer on a regular basis though. It would help if you could put a dark piece of kydex, acrylic or similar between the two to block the light.

D

Eric_n_Ga

Supporting
Reaction score
I actually cut some black acrylic today . Either way I have that eshopps skimmer out at least one time a week already to do something to it.