Koi Pond Project - Finished

samsisson

Supporting
Reaction score
Atlanta is a great hub for saltwater fish however is not for koi.
Norcal and maybe Denver have the heavy hitters in the US
Thanks for the info guys; I’ll have to checkout what the Atlanta area does have to offer. I’m not a snob about my koi anyways though. I know some areas sell koi for thousands of dollars. The most expensive fish I’ve bought for this pond is about $30 😂

joseayes

Supporting
Reaction score
Great job! Well designed since day one! I enjoyed watching whole. The benefits from the step down hill and setting next to the stairs, great distribution of boulders and the flagstones also it couldn’t be much better of designing yourself that size filtration with the bucket as the filters that I’ve seen around are barely 1/4 the size of that, also liked the idea around the cascades, it’s giving the touch between natural look and man-made design.
I’m not an expert by any means just have watched some magazines and vids that’s all, I haven’t even had time to help my buddy built his own 😅

samsisson

Supporting
Reaction score
Great job! Well designed since day one! I enjoyed watching whole. The benefits from the step down hill and setting next to the stairs, great distribution of boulders and the flagstones also it couldn’t be much better of designing yourself that size filtration with the bucket as the filters that I’ve seen around are barely 1/4 the size of that, also liked the idea around the cascades, it’s giving the touch between natural look and man-made design.
I’m not an expert by any means just have watched some magazines and vids that’s all, I haven’t even had time to help my buddy built his own 😅
Thanks a lot man! It means a lot that someone can appreciate the design choices that went into it 😂 you have a keen eye!