LFS Recognition

wantsummora acropora

Supporting
Reaction score
I recently visited an LFS that is the furthest from me. I’ve never visited them for that reason; but wow, when I did the coral selection was great, the store clean and neat and the staff fantastic. I have been ther 3 times in a week since. I’ve also realized that most of the LFS’s have chosen a niche. Do we not recognize them for say, Best Coral Selection of the Month or Best Product Selection OTM or Best Hobby Services OTM, etc., etc.? It would help their businesses and the hobbiest IMO. I know we don’t want to alienate any business (or sponsor) but do we reward the ones who could earn a 5 Star rating?

dball711

Supporting
Reaction score
I recently visited an LFS that is the furthest from me. I’ve never visited them for that reason; but wow, when I did the coral selection was great, the store clean and neat and the staff fantastic. I have been ther 3 times in a week since. I’ve also realized that most of the LFS’s have chosen a niche. Do we not recognize them for say, Best Coral Selection of the Month or Best Product Selection OTM or Best Hobby Services OTM, etc., etc.? It would help their businesses and the hobbiest IMO. I know we don’t want to alienate any business (or sponsor) but do we reward the ones who could earn a 5 Star rating?
I don't think the club can or should try to label any LFS as Best (greatest, nicest, of anything) without distracting from the other LFS sponsors. We could do a club LFS/sponsor highlight/focus of the month. Recruit. them to sign up for the option, they can offer sales/deals and the club can do an interview with them to get their personal side published along with a nice pictorial. Club could buy gift certificates for the monthly drawing and make them the sponsor of the meeting for the month.

This post is what should be placed in the sponsors forum with their name published!!!

We need to liven up the sponsor forum a bit maybe we can start posting reviews under each sponsor?
We do this already but could encourage members to post more in the sponsors forum and pull one post monthly to win a $25 GC from that sponsor. Sponsor coordinators for the club could also reach out to sponsors and post what's new in their threads, what's on sale, or going on sale, new shipments...

ActiveAngel

2021 Trustee
Staff member
Supporting
Reaction score
I don't think the club can or should try to label any LFS as Best (greatest, nicest, of anything) without distracting from the other LFS sponsors. We could do a club LFS/sponsor highlight/focus of the month. Recruit. them to sign up for the option, they can offer sales/deals and the club can do an interview with them to get their personal side published along with a nice pictorial. Club could buy gift certificates for the monthly drawing and make them the sponsor of the meeting for the month.

This post is what should be placed in the sponsors forum with their name published!!!

We do this already but could encourage members to post more in the sponsors forum and pull one post monthly to win a $25 GC from that sponsor. Sponsor coordinators for the club could also reach out to sponsors and post what's new in their threads, what's on sale, or going on sale, new shipments...
Couldnt have said it better.