My SCA 66g Upgrade

hiimsean

Supporting
Reaction score
lol well the tank is finally drained and ready for a good scrubbing. Does anyone know if a regular magic eraser is ok to us for cleaning the inside?

hiimsean

Supporting
Reaction score
Thanks @dball711 👍 setting this tank up has taken waaaay longer than it should have.

now I just have to figure out how I’m going to hang my light fixture. I’m not really sure I trust hanging a 24”x8 fixture from the ceiling.

hiimsean

Supporting
Reaction score
Got the sump cleaned and pretty much this will be the setup. Trying to decide if I want to pack the drain chamber full of filter floss for mechanical filtration to keep the sump clean.

Attachments

• 247F9DA5-8F47-4255-BF6D-1013F212D4A0.jpeg
    247F9DA5-8F47-4255-BF6D-1013F212D4A0.jpeg
    290 KB · Views: 13

sharis100

Supporting
Reaction score
lol well the tank is finally drained and ready for a good scrubbing. Does anyone know if a regular magic eraser is ok to us for cleaning the inside?
Yes use them all the time for my acrylic tanks- works great! Make sure original with no soap or additives

hiimsean

Supporting
Reaction score
So I’m still debating on how to setup my sump. I’ve got the main drain chamber behind the skimmer and the skimmer section on the left side. They are open to each other at the bottom.
Here’s where I’m deciding what I should do. So I can put my return pump in the middle chamber with my heater and a bio plate. I was thinking of using the right chamber as a fuge/grow area. It’d just be more equipment packed in the stand.

Or I can keep it simple and clean and leave the middle for the biological filter media and anything I may want to add in the future and have the return and heater in the last chamber.

Last edited:

Adam

Treasurer
Staff member
Supporting
Reaction score
So I can put my return pump in the middle chamber with my heater and a bio plate.

Don't know which bioplate you're going to use but I've recently had some issues, fortunately I don't have coral in the display yet. I had read about the Marinepure plates leeching aluminum so I got a Brightwell's Xport plate for the display sump and blocks for the frag sump at startup at the end of March. I sent off ICP tests at the end of September to get baselines and they both came back with elevated aluminum. I also got the RO water and mixed fresh SW done at the same time and neither of those had aluminum at all. The only other things those two systems had in common were the Xport and the food I feed, they're not connected. The frozen I feed is Hikari & PE mysis along with cubes of Emerald Entree, Marine Cuisine with a few others. I also feed popular pellet brands and Nori. I've never seen Aluminum in my prior systems before. I've since pulled all of the plate & blocks and threw them in the trash.

They say GFO will remove the aluminum. I sure hope so...

hiimsean

Supporting
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up not is the brightwell xport. Maybe I’ll soak it by itself and get it tested before using it.