Par Meter Rental!

FutureInterest

President
Staff member
Supporting
Reaction score
Hi everyone, after years of not having any available for our members... we have finally purchased two par meters for the club.

Apogee MQ-510 Full Spectrum Underwater Quantum Meter

Apogee AM-320 Saltwater Submersible Sensor Wand

61WxKXjiE7L._SL1280_.jpg

These are the best ones you can currently get on the market and they run around $500 a piece. They will be free for supporting members but we do require a refundable deposit for the value of the device.

We have a rental agreement drawn up so if you’re interested in renting a par meter please PM me and I’ll send you the rental agreement.

Thanks!
Jin

joseayes

Supporting
Reaction score
This is awesome!!! Since I’ve joined all efforts tryin to get this type of equipment to allow members to rent it, could never be setup for innumerable reasons! Thanks for doing this!!!

FutureInterest

President
Staff member
Supporting
Reaction score
This is awesome!!! Since I’ve joined all efforts tryin to get this type of equipment to allow members to rent it, could never be setup for innumerable reasons! Thanks for doing this!!!
We worked together to get it done.

I agree... I mean what's a reef club without a par meter? It just doesn't seem right.

We're looking to add a few other items that can be rented for free for supporting members as well. This will include suction cups for moving tanks, fish traps, and perhaps an emergency kit for tank failures. Looking for suggestions on what you guys think we should have available for supporting members. Things that you would like to use when the need arises but really have no need to keep long term.

raybiotech

Supporting
Reaction score
Awesome pickup for the club, and I'll probably partake in this later on down the line out of interest. As for additional items, I think a stock of emergency type items that are available for short term use would be great (heaters, pumps, powerheads, etc). mostly life support parts first, much like the emergency kit you mentioned. Good idea!

jordanbevis

Supporting
Reaction score
We worked together to get it done.

I agree... I mean what's a reef club without a par meter? It just doesn't seem right.

We're looking to add a few other items that can be rented for free for supporting members as well. This will include suction cups for moving tanks, fish traps, and perhaps an emergency kit for tank failures. Looking for suggestions on what you guys think we should have available for supporting members. Things that you would like to use when the need arises but really have no need to keep long term.
Sand Sifting Starfish ;P

mrmrburke

Supporting
Reaction score
Equipment rental for a part failure would be nice to see. Just a few weeks ago I had to send my light in for service and at the time I didn’t have a spare available, but fortunately a kind member lent me theirs til I got mine back from service!

even if it’s just a basic part like a return pump
Could help people in time of failure.

FutureInterest

President
Staff member
Supporting
Reaction score
@jordanbevis No livestock but thanks for the suggestion :).

@mrmrburke Yes, that's a good suggestion. Someone had suggested emergency pumps/heaters/containers... but lights also fit the bill. Thanks!

trizzino

Vice President
Staff member
Supporting
Reaction score
Equipment rental for a part failure would be nice to see. Just a few weeks ago I had to send my light in for service and at the time I didn’t have a spare available, but fortunately a kind member lent me theirs til I got mine back from service!

even if it’s just a basic part like a return pump
Could help people in time of failure.
Good suggestions!

FutureInterest

President
Staff member
Supporting
Reaction score
PM sent. You just message me and I can send you the rental agreement. Once you get that back we put you in touch with the member coordinators that are holding them. We will have one on the East Side of town and one on the NW side of town soon. We should have them in the next day or two.

raybiotech

Supporting
Reaction score
Interested as well Jin when these are available. SUre there is a waiting list, but I'll give it a go to check on my tanks. Thanks again.

bzb

Supporting
Reaction score
Awesome! Definitely interested in seeing the results from the ReefBreeders light!