Upcoming Huge and I mean Huge Frag Swap in Columbia

mike oglesby

Market
my wife ,son and myself went to Columbia expo and it was great as always. we have been to all 3 so far. we always have a good time going to these events. some time we buy a lot sometime we buy very little. My 12 year old son thinks he wants to try running a booth so I will get him his own booth at the next expo and see what happens. I think it will be a great learning tool for him, if he makes money fine if he loses money its not the end of the world.
Yes my wife and myself will setup next tot him but we will let him run his on thing.

As far Atlanta expo we have only been to one event. That was in 2013 I think. it was a good time.
Thanks to anyone and everyone that put on any expo for this hobby we all love so much.

spike

Sponsor
Supporting
Oh course we will be there. Hope to see a bunch of familiar faces.:yes:

alt="" />
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
>
class="gc-images" title="columbia.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

wannabeeareefkeeper

Market
lazidog;984418 wrote: Nashville would be great, I have been looking to go to the TN aquarium
I went to the Tennessee Aquarium so years back when they were working on opening there second building. The new second building was dedicated to salt water. My oldest daughter and I purchased the behind the scenes tour and witnessed a live video feed on a temporary pool that they had setup for some new members that were going into the new building. We visited the control room where all the setups in the first building was monitored. It was incredible. What I liked most was that the behind the scenes was only limited to the first 10-15 people that signed up that day.

If you ever go, make sure you sign up for that when you first get there. I hope to get back up there soon. The prices back then was incredibly reasonable for entrance into the aquarium and also the behind the scenes. I have been to the Atlanta aquarium a few years ago. If I had a choice on which one to choose, I would go to the Tennessee Aquarium.

Wannabee

P.S. The Tennessee Aquarium is in Chattanooga, so you won't have to drive up to the Northern part of Tennessee. The I-Max theater is just around the corner from the aquarium. While we were there, we watched a 3-D movie of a turtle's life around a reef. Incredible!

wannabeeareefkeeper

Market
Giving you a Bump. Looks like it's gonna be a Great event this Saturday in Columbia, S.C.! Do they ever have any fish or CUCs at these events? Is it just corals or do they also have equipment, supplies, and other stuff at these events?

Wannabee

dawgface

Market
porpoiseaquatics;980306 wrote: Here's my question....if little old Columbia can get this list of vendors.....why can't we?
Likely Revtree fro r2r has a lot of influence here... It's his home turf.

They have one group that brings thousands of snails/crabs/ urchins and have great deals. U will see a lot of clowns and a random fish here and there. Usually there are a few people with equipment and a lot of chemical samples. But mostly a lot of cool coral and interesting knowledge. It's amazing to learn how others solve the same problemsi have never left without making a new friend

Sorry, I was not able to get any pics....this was packed! it was a race to get a look at what everyone had. I had to wait in line for 10 minutes to get in the building it was a great turnout from what I saw. Did not expect it. But it was put together great! hope it went as well for the sellers as it did for me.I spent way more then expected....card readers for phones have killed me...i miss the days going to these and when I ran out of my pre-assigned cash I was done.haha hope to post pics but some of my new treasures include...a huge elegance with pink tips,yellow toadstool,lots of zoas, Pipefish, bumblebee snails, starfish, and my wife and kids talked me into a terestrial Sea irchin.haha and my kid was given a t-shirt with the new long fin clowns from sustainable aquatics...cant deside if i like them or not yet...

seth the wine guy

Market
We have the last two Expo's. We had around 600 attendees at last year's Expo and there were two different vendors that each cleared $20k and at least three others that cleared $10k. There's a delicate balance to maintain for the vendors and attendees. Bring in too many vendors and they don't make enough money to want to come back. Bring too few and attendees aren't impressed with the selection and don't come back.

We can honestly do whatever we want provided there's someone willing/able to organize and execute it all.
So, Jeff. What do ya say?