Will’s 10gal Waterbox - First tank in 15 years!

willwoo

Supporting
Hey everybody, new member here. Been out of the hobby for 15 years and finally back. Walked into Petco in Edgewood a few weeks ago and was shocked to see saltwater fish, and now here I am with a tank again!

Tank: 10gal Waterbox
Light: AquaKnight AO29
Sand: CaribSea Fiji Pink
Rock: Live rock from Petco (I know....)
Filtration: Bioballs & foam

Haven’t decided what I’m doing as far as dosing or if I’m doing it at all. That’ll depend on if I decide to stick to soft corals or go for some lps and sps. That’s still tbd.

Attaching a few pics of progress along the way. 43E567A2-EFB8-4200-8A17-3CFDD33C53B4.jpeg 45E2C7C2-6923-41C4-B516-3E9CE6BF357A.jpeg D7CEBE91-2CD9-47A8-B18F-6A0830174B9D.jpeg B8DFF802-F105-458B-B09B-68DAA28467FD.jpeg 8A8E092E-77F0-40D7-A7C0-0DCBBB7B98F9.jpeg 9E40C817-D9DE-440C-B120-CEFEB0F83FD5.jpeg

willwoo

Supporting
Quick update. Went out of town for a long weekend. Came back and had more than half a gallon of evap. Sooo in 7-10 business days I’ll be the proud owner of a Smart ATO Micro. Definitely going to have the ATO installed and working properly before I add any significant livestock.

Seraphimas

Market
I love the rockscape, it's well laid out without crowding the tank. It's almost as much fun watching others stock a new tank as it is stocking one of your own.

I recently bought a new ATO Micro for my IM AIO 20g. It was the best purchase I've made for my tank thus far. It was very easy to install and so far worth every penny. I was having so much evap in a day that I was having to fill each morning and every night before bed. The -only- complaint I have about it is I wish the magnet for the sensor was a tiiiiny bit stronger since mine wants to slide a bit if I don't support the cord. A very small complaint considering how easy it was to hide in a nano. Congrats on the new tank journey, I'll be following along :)

willwoo

Supporting
Thanks! My plan is to keep the scape as simple as possible and stick only with livestock that truly stands out. Can’t wait to start stocking!

What are you using for your topoff water reservoir? I’m thinking I’ll get something I can put immediately to the right of the tank that I can obscure with a shelf of some kind.

Seraphimas

Market
I'm using a small rubbermaid bin with a lid that snaps on. I drilled holes in the top for the water tubing/pump power cord. It slides right under my shelving to the left of my tank. The pump for the Micro ATO is so small you can also fit it in one of those nutri-water jugs that you can get from any LFS and just drill a hole in the cap if you wanted. Any food grade plastic container that seals reasonably well will work :)

The waiting part is definitely the hardest! You should go have a look @Mom2Many 's nano tanks. She presents a wonderful example of just how many beautiful things you can pack into a small space. She makes it look easy.