WTB macro algae

ptreef

Supporting
Reaction score
I’m in some serious need for nutrient export to keep phosphates down in my 610g, so I set up a 100g refugium to grow macro algae. Please let me know what you got! I would love to trade some frags for it

ptreef

Supporting
Reaction score
I’ve been keeping it managed to about 0.1-0.19 with phosphate e, but I think that’s contributing to some STN in a couple sps colonies

lmm1967

Supporting
Reaction score
I'm growing Red Gracalaria in my fuge - it's still pretty new so I don't have enough to hand out. The reason I mention it is my fish LOVE this stuff.

my Foxface will chase it around the tank anytime I drop some in the display. Kole tang grabs it once in a while as well as our Filefish. My whack head yellow tang won't touch it but he's in a different tank and I don't know that he has looked at it as a possible food source yet.

hzheng33

Supporting
Reaction score
My fishes good bananas after Ogo and dragons breath.

but For a quick/immediate nutrient export, chaeto is what came to my mind as the first choice when weighing out the options

ptreef

Supporting
Reaction score
I’ve heard that Chaeto is not as good of a choice for phosphate uptake, although I do want to grow it. My fuge is a 5’ 100g tank so hopefully plenty of room for a variety of algae

ptreef

Supporting
Reaction score
Definitely interested in the ogo, dragons breath, caulerpa, and Chaeto soon! I’m hoping to have a good diversity of macros, just need to still get the refugium plumbed in. Just got my pump in today

Mart1990

Supporting
Reaction score
Definitely interested in the ogo, dragons breath, caulerpa, and Chaeto soon! I’m hoping to have a good diversity of macros, just need to still get the refugium plumbed in. Just got my pump in today
Cool just pm me know when you are ready so I can hook you up with some Caulerpa.