Home Forums Reef Discussion Neptune Trident

13 replies, 6 voices Last updated by  Dmitri 1 month, 1 week ago
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

SaltWaterWannabe
    Participant

Has anyone heard updates on when Neptume may start sales of their Trident monitoring device?

Dmitri
    Participant

I’ve been wondering same thing. Looking at some of the videos online from reefopalooza, it seems trident may be delayed few months…

With some more competition right behind them, I’m sure Neptune trying to make release of this new product without any hickups.

Personally I’m very excited about trident and anxious to get my hands the unit.

SaltWaterWannabe
    Participant

I just found an update from March 30th on theor site.  It appears to be about 3 months delayed.  I am hoping to pick one up myself

SnowManSnow
    Participant

will we be able to do LESS than the 4 tests per day? anyone know?

Dmitri
    Participant

As far as number of tests per day, from my understanding, you could customize it to your own personal preferences

SnowManSnow
    Participant

well… it seems a lot more cost effective if the reagents don’t become a big cost

HiImSean
    Participant

Just a FYI

http://www.coralvue.com/kh-guardian-pro

I was also reading the Trident will not work with Apex Classic? I really don’t feel like upgrading so this coravue unit may be a better option

SnowManSnow
    Participant

You’re correct Sean. You’ll need the newer version of the Apex to run the Trident. The reason given was basically processing power. The older versions just don’t have the juice to run the code needed to run the Trident at an optimal level (at least that how the guy from Neptune explained it).  Now, all that said a new apex is expensive HOWEVER you can get just the brain that is backward compatible with the modules you already have and then you’d be able to run the Trident.

EnderG60
    Participant

Ive been waiting for something like that for the past 15 years.  I cant wait to get one….after other people try them out first that is.

SnowManSnow
    Participant

me too. and honestly im glad it doesn’t dose. covering alk ca and mg is awesome

SaltWaterWannabe
    Participant

It will be quite interesting to see.  I wish it would work with the Apex classic though, the price for setting up the unit just doubled since I have to upgrade.  Still interested and anxious to see it.

kelly3341
    Participant

My plan is to let the Trident hit the market and then wait until the Christmas black friday sale to aquire.  By then the flaws if any should be public knowledge.  My concern is how to mount it under my tank.

SnowManSnow
    Participant

if i spend that much on something… its going to be on display haha

Dmitri
    Participant

I’m so excite!

66EF666D-2B0E-49DA-A690-E0E8594D162049B683A0-C550-476B-9CFA-577BB542AFDA

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.