Join the Atlanta Reef Club
Atlanta Reef Club Membership Benefits
The Atlanta Reef Club (ARC) exists to help educate and provide benefits for the general reef community. We club is formed completely by reef enthusiasts looking to share, collaborate, and learn from each other. We extend a welcome to anyone interested in the hobby, and even some who just want to support education and our outreach programs such as SaltwaterU.
The club allows anyone to participate in almost all club activities without being a member or part of any existing group. Without being a member, you may:
- Attend any meeting, assuming we don't have attendance limits at the venue
- Read, share, ask questions, and post pictures on our online forums
- Take advantage of our online how-to guides and other online information (coming soon!)
So if we already offer so much to the community, why would you want to join the Atlanta Reef Club? As a club member, you also receive:
- A minimum 10% discount at all of our club sponsors. Some sponsors offer as much as a 20% discount on dry goods and 30% discount on livestock!
- Benefits offered on this website, such as video of the meetings, "my reef" page to show off your tank, member map, and other bonuses (all coming!)
- A cool membership card!
- Graphic next to your posts in the forums to show your support of the ARC
- A monthly or bi-monthly email updating you with club meeting locations and other important club events. These items are also posted here in the forums under Club Announcements.
- The opportunity to join in our monthly power buys or group buys, where we arrange a discount on a certain item when they're bought in groups. The power buys have ranged from buckets of salt to fish to Tunze powerheads
- The opportunity to be a club officer
- The opportunity to vote in club matters
One of the most significant reasons people join is to help foster the growth and knowledge of preservation and education of our reefs (both global and in our living rooms), safe ecological practices, and public outreach programs.
And all of this for only $30/yr or $20/yr for k-12 students with proof of full-time student status. The fee goes to support bringing in good speakers, obtaining space for the meetings, buying corals for fragging demonstrations, and other community causes.
If you have any other questions about membership (or anything else), please don't hesitate to ask - that's why the forums are here!