24G Aquapod First Anniversary

budsreef

Market
Reaction score
At the urging of bobz, I started up my 24G AP one year ago today. It has been a fun ride and even though it isn't as easy or cheap as he claimed it to be, I would do it all again. Here is how it looked then and today.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
132472=8125-Reef Tank-24G_DSC009980a_070208.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
132472=8125-Reef Tank-24G_DSC009980a_070208.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="Reef Tank-24G_DSC009980a_070208.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
132472=8126-Reef Tank_IMG_1241_24Gal_080205.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
132472=8126-Reef Tank_IMG_1241_24Gal_080205.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="Reef Tank_IMG_1241_24Gal_080205.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Looks good--what a difference a year makes! Doesn't look like you've re-aquascaped every other week like Victor does! :D

That was brilliant to put that big flat rock on top of some small rocks to elevate it...wish I had thought of that.

KRB;132476 wrote: It looks great, what a transformation!

Thanks!

Geehh;132478 wrote: Looks good--what a difference a year makes! Doesn't look like you've re-aquascaped every other week like Victor does! :D

I haven't changed the aquascape too much from the beginning, but there have been lots of other changes to the tank. Swapped out powerhead and added a second with locline spraybars, swapped out fan and added another to the hood, added a third bulb to the hood, and then removed the hood and replaced with a 20" Orbit.

LorenK;132482 wrote: That was brilliant to put that big flat rock on top of some small rocks to elevate it...wish I had thought of that.

Thanks, but your 24G looks awesome as it is.

Looking good bud!

What a difference a year makes :). I recently fragged an anniversary gift for yah. Its a piece of fiji yellow. Try not to kill it!

Now wait a minute!! i don't ever recall saying it wasn't going to be expensive!!! and it wasn't my idea for you to build the new 120! Hehehe, congrats Bud! The tank looks great (and it looks a lot nicer in person!). Great job and can't wait for the pics of 120 when it is stocked!

Bob

FutureInterest;132497 wrote: Looking good bud!

What a difference a year makes :). I recently fragged an anniversary gift for yah. Its a piece of fiji yellow. Try not to kill it!

Woohoo! I promise to take excellent care of it!

olds350racer;132556 wrote: Looks good Bud!

Thanks Steve! Up until two weeks ago I had the Candy Cane in there that you gave me, but my female clown kept ripping it off the rocks and throwing it back down in the sand and the male kept piling sand on top of it so I had to get it out of there. It's more than doubled in size with every head splitting at least once.

bobz;132541 wrote: Now wait a minute!! i don't ever recall saying it wasn't going to be expensive!!! and it wasn't my idea for you to build the new 120! Hehehe, congrats Bud! The tank looks great (and it looks a lot nicer in person!). Great job and can't wait for the pics of 120 when it is stocked!

Bob

Yea, that selective memory works pretty good. Thanks for all your help and encouragement.

Back