465 gallon pics with new reflectors

acroholic

Lifetime
Reaction score
Guys,
Here are some pictures of my 465 gallon with new Hamilton Technology Cozumel Sun Reflectors. I replaced the 4x LM Elites I had with these because I could not get them low enough over the tank to provide adequate coverage without severe spotlighting. These reflectors do not spotlight, and I have the bottom of the pendant 8 inches from the water surface now, compared to the 20" above the tank I had to raise the LM Elites to.

The LM Elites are great for a narrower tank, but my tank is 40" wide, so I needed a bit more spread. The larger reflectors allow me to increase the PAR to the corals by lowering the lights. After I installed the Cozumel Suns and lowered them, the tank temp went up a bit, but I installed a fan to blow over the sump when the lights are o, and that has solved any issues r/t temperature. Tank stays at 80 degrees or lower at all times now. I have a 1/2 HP chiller plumbed inline jsut in case, but it has not come on since I installed the fan.
Dave

CIMG5509_zps4b920346.jpg
alt="" />

CIMG5510_zps5abaa7a7.jpg
alt="" />

CIMG5512_zps776a5cc2.jpg
alt="" />

Didn't I just see this in the free thread ;). Looks great!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4

Looks awesome. The pictures simply don't do it justice. Do you plan to add any supplements to your MH?

vista;899459 wrote: Looks awesome. The pictures simply don't do it justice. Do you plan to add any supplements to your MH?

Thanks Thanh.....the Radiums are doing it for me right now. I have four R2 Solutions Moonlights that come on for 4 hours after the halides go out, and they provide a nice moonlight effect. But no plans to supplement the daylights, just not necessary.

Edit:
Skriz;899487 wrote: What are the dims on your 465?

96" x 40" x 28". Same footprint as the two large displays at the front of Pure Reef, except 4" taller.

Good Lawd, Man. Now that is a beauty!!!

<span style="color: blue">Did I see a quoyi parrotfish in there?</span>

CedzAquAddiction;899498 wrote: Good Lawd, Man. Now that is a beauty!!!

<span style="color: blue">Did I see a quoyi parrotfish in there?</span>

Sure did. The Quoys is a great reef citizen.

Looks great Dave! Corals look like they have grown quite a bit since I was over there last.

starting to fill in nice there nice Dave! Colonies are getting huge! WOW! So happy for you! Looking awesome! Great light choice!

Back