AI Prime Fans

jcook54

Secretary
Staff member
Supporting
Contest Committee
Reaction score
I've got an old AI Prime light that is starting to make some noise. Specifically, it's the fan that's rattling a bit. The fixture is in the basement so I don't even need to fix it but it's really starting to get annoying. We spend so much time next to our tanks that we know what the whole system is supposed to sound like. There's nothing like walking up to a reef system and hearing something "off." Well, this fan is definitely sounding seriously off.

Has anyone replaced a fan on an AI Prime? Have any of you taken one apart? I'm pretty sure it's the bearing an a little oil might quiet it down for a while. in my experience once the fans start making noise, it's a matter of time until they have to be replaced or they completely stop working.

I have replaced fans in those. The bearings cannot easily be lubed. Best bet is replace it. You can buy a replacement from the AI website I believe. Should be four screws on the side of the fixture opposite the fan. One may be under the serial number sticker. I suggest noting the serial number down before you move or break the sticker.

Back