Another Halide question...

xyzpdq0121

Market
Reaction score
With DE halide bulbs, if I can not find 175W bulbs in brands that I trust or for prices that I want to pay, Can you swap out another wattage?!? If so, Do you go a higher wattage or a lower wattage?

ok if i got this right you mean put like a 250watt bulb with a 175 watt ballast if so no. but if it is a retro setup i got some screw sockets you can have if you can find a better price on those bulbs

That answers that... Thanks ya'll.. 175 bulbs are so hard to find though. I am looking for those and another PC balast for the Actinic lights since the balast went bacd. I do not know crud about lighting so any help would be great. (and it keeps me from burning down my house!)

i got two compact ballast not sure how many watts i will look later and also a vho ballast that will power 3 4 ft lights if you are interested in ether one of those if you still have my # fill free to give me a call

Ya they are two 96W PC lights (Plus the 2 175W DE HAlides and 6 moon lights).. The are in a cheap Odyssea fixture and the ballast went out. I just do not know what to replace it with or how to wire it.

Give me a fish question or pathology problem and I can answer it all day long, give me a retro kit and I will look at you with a blank stare on my face!

Brandon if you pick up a retrokit, I will help you install it. I think aquabuys has a great price on a PFO 250w MH retrokit at under $200 with bulb and hellolights.com usually has a good deal as well.

Cameron, Thanks... I am testing out this lamp right now before the weekend. If I do not go with it I might get your help with T5's... If I do go with this lamp (It is cheap, like $150 with bulbs) but it does have the PC Ballast issue.) I might get your help on installing a PC ballast.

Is this a 175w Odyssea DE fixture? If so, you can use any 150w DE bulb. I've been using 150w De bulbs with various Odysea 175w fixtures for a while and haven't had any difficulties

I don't know if it is the same thing, but I know you can order from these guys and get an actual odyssea bulb

index.asp

Xyzpdq0121 wrote: Cameron, Thanks... I am testing out this lamp right now before the weekend. If I do not go with it I might get your help with T5's... If I do go with this lamp (It is cheap, like $150 with bulbs) but it does have the PC Ballast issue.) I might get your help on installing a PC ballast.
Let me know what you need help on. It won't take us long to wire it up.

Back