Any other discus keepers?

Reaction score
Anybody else in here keep Discus? I’ve decided to get back into them and have started growing out 6 2-2.5” babies with plans to breed in the future! Currently thinking about setting up another tank and buying some larger ones also haha.

-photos taken right before a waterchange-70864375-7FFC-41FA-9BDC-079CF3D305A0.jpeg23188C49-CD54-48D9-AC63-2664C93BE01A.jpeg

They look great! I I started a community discus tank a few months ago.
If you ever start breeding them, I’ll be interested in getting some! Hard to find all local discus breeders.

I've kept discus for years prior to having a reef tank. I think they are beautiful fish, I just wish they swam around more.

Yours are looking great. Nemo's always have an amazing selection if you're looking for some large ones.
I’ll have to check them out! I Havnt been out there in years. There’s a guy down by the airport who imports them and that’s typically where I get them from but I’ve been looking at golden state discus a lot lately

Those are beautiful fish! If I could build a discus tank and stay married I would. Already on thin ice with the new frag tank.
My other half has kinda gotten to the “whatever” stage with the animals! Unless it’s another bird, if I were to get another bird my macaw and I would be living on the streets 😂.

Those are beautiful fish! If I could build a discus tank and stay married I would. Already on thin ice with the new frag tank.
Too funny! In our house, I’m the one that escalate things too quickly when it comes to aquarium. My wife and I had a fight each time I decide to get a new tank… we are in the consolation phase and getting me down back to 3 tanks.🤣

I had really good luck with Myrtle Beach discus, even with the 2 inches juvies. Nemo has really good prices but it freaked me out when I saw an awesome looking blue discus but was full of open wounds and stress zits and when I asked, “that’s normal.”
Maybe check out southern aquatics in Roswell?

Too funny! In our house, I’m the one that escalate things too quickly when it comes to aquarium. My wife and I had a fight each time I decide to get a new tank… we are in the consolation phase and getting me down back to 3 tanks.🤣

I had really good luck with Myrtle Beach discus, even with the 2 inches juvies. Nemo has really good prices but it freaked me out when I saw an awesome looking blue discus but was full of open wounds and stress zits and when I asked, “that’s normal.”
Maybe check out southern aquatics in Roswell?
I’ve actually been thinking about making a weekend trip up to myrtle beach discus to pick out some!

I’ve actually been thinking about making a weekend trip up to myrtle beach discus to pick out some!
That would be cool to visit them up there!
I received the fire ruby discus from MBD and it has been really healthy since day one. Honestly wanting to place an order, I was originally pretty apprehensive about online orders but came next day and all were super healthy out of the box.

I got the albino from Nemo aquarium in Lawrenceville.

Attachments

• 41D1D556-9F73-41AD-BFBC-AF5B2D717445.jpeg
    41D1D556-9F73-41AD-BFBC-AF5B2D717445.jpeg
    215.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 1213EABF-E25B-4DF6-B78A-D727F59F3359.jpeg
    1213EABF-E25B-4DF6-B78A-D727F59F3359.jpeg
    238.8 KB · Views: 13
That would be cool to visit them up there!
I received the fire ruby discus from MBD and it has been really healthy since day one. Honestly wanting to place an order, I was originally pretty apprehensive about online orders but came next day and all were super healthy out of the box.

I got the albino from Nemo aquarium in Lawrenceville.
They are both gorgeous. My friend out in Nevada visited Golden State Discus and the videos she sent me were absolutely amazing. Their fish are flawless

Back