Any salt deals out there?

haninja

Lifetime
Reaction score
I'm getting close to the bottom of my bucket. Any salt deals going on? coupons? free shipping? group buy?

DFS - IO Salt 200 gallon box for 39.99. With the assumption that I'm going to buy at least 3 boxes with shipping fixed at $19. So essentially, I'm getting 120 gallon more for the price of shipping. Of course this will be even more attractive if the quantity grows larger. Plus, the salt gets dropped at my garage door...

dawgdude;379655 wrote: If you were using IO before then go for it. However I switched to IO and started having alk and calc problems. I couldnt keep my calc up to save my life and then switched to seachem reef and the problem went away.
Hmm, interesting. I actually have a decline in my tank for a while and I started suspecting the salt... when is the next poker night at Tim's?

dawgdude;379655 wrote: If you were using IO before then go for it. However I switched to IO and started having alk and calc problems. I couldnt keep my calc up to save my life and then switched to seachem reef and the problem went away.

I was having similar issues in a softy tank with IO. (PH was the worst). I had to add buffer to every water change.

Isn't that new salt by Seachem, Aquavitro due out soon? Something like a couple more weeks I think. That's what I'm waiting for right now.

Folks,
Where is the best price for Seachem salt around Atlanta? Tim is mentioned above but I am not sure who he is and where his store is.

Hanin, go to Warehouse Aquarium. IO box on sale for $39.99 - no shipping.

yellowjacket;397258 wrote: Folks,
Where is the best price for Seachem salt around Atlanta? Tim is mentioned above but I am not sure who he is and where his store is.

I am Tim. :) My store is Keen Reef, located in Decatur right of I 285.

Seachem raised their price last month, I currently sell the 160 Gallon Bucket of Reef Salt for $45.

Thanks,
Tim

Back