Anybody tried Tropic Marin BIO-CALCIUM ACTIF

ghbrewer

Market
Reaction score
I was at the LFS and was talking to them about maintaining Alk and Cal in my Frag/QT tank. I had explained to them that I want something simple and low cost. One of the guys said that he had been using the Tropic Marin BIO-CALCIUM ACTIF to maintain Alk and Calcium in his reef tank.

Basically, for his system, he said that he just adds a scoop of the supplement directly to his sump daily to maintain proper Alk and Calc levels. While the amount I will need will likely differ from time to time, I am interested in if it is really this simple and if it is effective.

This is the first I have heard of this supplement and the method he uses. I asked him if it ever precipitates or causes any other issues by just adding it to the sump, he said no. So, figured I'd ask if anyone else is using this? Are you just dumping it in without pre-mixing in RO?

Sounds interesting but how could you automate this like using a doser if you go out of town?

He said he was thinking of using an auto feeder... like the Apex AFS or just a normal auto feeder. IDK if it would work, but interesting nevertheless.

He did say that currently he just mixes it up with his RO top off water when he goes out of town, since he knows how much he uses and what his evap rate is.

Back