Anyone else experience this yesterday.

simon_kruger

Market
Reaction score
Hi All,

Just trying to gather information on Anemone spawing in aquariums.

Yesterday several of my anemone's blanket spawned at the same time. Did anyone elses? I hope to find out if it was a lunar event that caused the spawning.

Of the 7 anemone I have 4 spawned for sure. They were all genentic twins (splits from the mother colony). I am wondering because of this are they all the same sex? Has anyone experienced this before?

The 3 remaining anemones showed unusual effects also but i didn't see them spawn. 2xRBTA and 1xGBTA (different gene pool) to the 4xGBTA I saw spawn.

Whats your take, am i going to be overran by GBTA's?

Just so you know the spawning event took several hours and totally clouded 700+ Gallons of water. All looks good this morning though.

Barbara;182102 wrote: Wow! That's interesting. I have one RBTA. It is ballooned up this morning, which is unusual, but so far no evidence of a split. It sometimes does balloon up, but it's not common.

Oh well, if you're overrun by GBTAs you can always sell them or trade them in for other stuff at the LFS. You should count yourself lucky!

When spawning they look limp.

Simon.Kruger;182109 wrote: When spawning they look limp.

did yuo actually see gametes released? That is cool (and bad for water quality sake:yuk: ).

I would doubt that anyone would ahve a similar occuranace though. Lunar cycles are very specific, and unless the tanks have no other light stimulus from dusk til dawn, the lunar cycle will not be the same at all. Even ambient room light will throw it off.

Back