Anyone kept a blue jawfish?

purplegorilla

Reaction score
I am thinking about getting one for my solana. Just curious of the experiences.

CP_jawfish_bluespot.jpg
alt="" />

I have one. The SOB made his den in the back of the tank after about 2 weeks of it right up front, out in the open. Cool looking fish, but very shy. But then again, my tank is the most active thing in the world.

So I finally got one and he has been in my display tank at home for about a month and a half. He is eating fine and actually digging around to find a den that he likes.. He reminds me of an engineering goby that I use to have.

My next question is...What is the longest anyone have kept one on here.

purpleGORILLA;223957 wrote: I am thinking about getting one for my solana. Just curious of the experiences.

CP_jawfish_bluespot.jpg
alt="" />

I bought one a couple of weeks ago. He made a home in the front of my 215g under a rock and seems to defend his position well. He scampers out to grab food in spite of all of the other fish in the tank. He's got a great personality, constantly looking back and forth and cleaning his burrow.

Had mine about two weeks before he disappeared. I have egg crate and a canopy... and never found a body. He seemed to have a problem finding a location he liked and he dug a new den every day. I cleaned the tank (glass) one day and haven't seen him since. I am hoping he is in the back where I can't see him.

Nice fish... but a messy fish!

Had mine about two weeks before he disappeared. I have egg crate and a canopy... and never found a body. He seemed to have a problem finding a location he liked and he dug a new den every day. I cleaned the tank (glass) one day and haven't seen him since. I am hoping he is in the back where I can't see him.

Nice fish... but a messy fish!

Back