Apex Not Working!

shafiq_hossain

Market
Reaction score
Recently upgraded to latest firmware (and webpages). Everything seemed to be working fine. Had to rearrange my cords so I had to disconnected my USB wire leading to the EB8 it was connected to. Plugged it back in later and can't seem to get the connection established. Sometimes the Aquacontroller light would turn green but the light on the EB8 is blinking yellow/amber. Other times I noticed the light on the Aquacontroller remaining blinking yellow/amber. I even tried connecting the Aquacontroller to a different EB8 with no difference. I can't get it to connect through the browser. I was hoping to reload the back up hoping that would restore everything but I noticed that Neptune upgrade documentation stated that I should not go back if I was already on a version prior to 4.2 prior to the upgrade. I'm not sure if it is referring to the back file or an older firmware update. Having said that, loading the backup is not an option right now since I cannot even access the Apex system through the browser (although I do at times get a log in prompt). But after typing in my credentials, nothing happens.

Any ideas? Is my aquacontroller hosed? Can I even purchase just an Aquacontroller?

Thanks....

Sorry, forgot to mention that I have already tried swapping out the aqua bus cable and it made no difference.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Have you tried reinstalling the firmware? I had a similar issue and it didn't upload all the way. When I reinstalled it worked perfectly.

With not connect it may have changed its IP. Again, I had that issue when it restarts/updates, the last number of the IP changes

You might wanna try the Neptune forums, they're very knowledgable with all sorts of issues. I've also heard Neptune's customer service is pretty good with helping troubleshoot problems.

As HiImSean has mentioned I would try reinstalling the firmware over again and see if that helps solve the issue. And also like he suggested if that doesn't work contact Neptune they are very very helpful people. At least in all my experiences working with them.

Tried that many times. Firmware upgrade installs fine but Web pages update comes back 5 minutes later with unable to reach host.

shafiq.hossain;955250 wrote: Tried that many times. Firmware upgrade installs fine but Web pages update comes back 5 minutes later with unable to reach host.

Are you hard lined into your router and have the wireless completely disabled?

Apply for the fusion beta test. It took a day and they approved me. Moving over it may resolve your issues as you will no longer need to change your router settings. Just a thought, also check with the forums as there has been a lot of chatter about your issue others have experienced recently and resolved. I didn't have that issue so I apologize im bot sure what the resolution was.

mine will do that sometimes and be ok the next day... not sure what is happening

Thanks for the recent suggestions. Paul was kind enough to assist me with troubleshooting the issue. Apparently, the Aquacontroller went bad. Nevertheless, I am back up and running now. Feeding, lighting, circulation, pumps, skimmer, ATO, chiller, heaters camera, etc.. all back in automated schedule.

Back