Aquascaping pillars

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5_qPBgnTY30cEJydmRCblo3Q3c/edit?usp=docslist_api [IMG]

What do you think of my aquascaping?

edit

Your aqua scaping looks good and going in the right direction.

Can you make a hole in the center of the left stack? I'd add a little more length to the far left at the bottom to show more of your curve, then see if you like the rock on the right, top, front moved on an angle facing left and add a small rock in front in the middle.
:)

Are you in a major hurry? The club meeting on March 4 is on "How to Aquascape" at Creation Reef!

You might want to put some pants on for your future pic's or maybe not, lol

JJ Ocean;1015876 wrote: I'd strongly recommend using E-Marco-400 mortar from Marco Rocks (it is really a BASF architectural mortar). I used to know the exact brand, but forgot now. Easiest to buy from them unless you are looking for 40-50 lb bags.

I built some very large and natural looking pillars for a 36" tall tank. I had planned to use acrylic rods, but I had some issue of base rock cracking when being drilled. My rock was pretty porous though. No issues drilling more solid rock. If I did it again, I wouldn't waste any time with the acrylic rods. The mortar bonds extremely well and strong - way more than I expected. The only "extra" thing I did was use zip ties to hold the more unbalanced/overhang structures while the mortar setup, then cut the zip ties and removed them once set.

There's some photos of my pillars in my build thread - don't have time to re-post image.

You made all these pillars from free forming the E-Marco 400 motar?
Love that idea, it might solve my aqua scape problem!

I'm MAKING myself wait until after the meeting for my Aquascaping. Then, I'm calling on my buddy Brandon for his assistance :)

Camellia;1018158 wrote: You made all these pillars from free forming the E-Marco 400 motar?
Love that idea, it might solve my aqua scape problem!

I'm MAKING myself wait until after the meeting for my Aquascaping. Then, I'm calling on my buddy Brandon for his assistance :)
Can't wait myself. My favorite part is aquascape

Camellia;1018140 wrote: Your aqua scaping looks good and going in the right direction.

Can you make a hole in the center of the left stack? I'd add a little more length to the far left at the bottom to show more of your curve, then see if you like the rock on the right, top, front moved on an angle facing left and add a small rock in front in the middle.
:)

Are you in a major hurry? The club meeting on March 4 is on "How to Aquascape" at Creation Reef!

You might want to put some pants on for your future pic's or maybe not, lol
The muscular legs you see in the pic are my daughter's. I defiantly had my pants on for the picture.

Back