Auto Top Off Suggestions?

Yep Tunze... Or a controller running the a Tunze, even better....

+1 on the Osmolator.

I have mine with the sensors in the intake area of the sump, and the water pump at the bottom of a 30-gal barrel of RODI.

I end up having to refill the 30-gallon barrel about every two weeks or so.

zboyblue;985425 wrote: Haha not sure what you mean. I need all the friends I can get. ;-)

Money not being a issue. Your doing good bro thus need any friends:up:

Just picking at cha

Camellia;985430 wrote: Tunze osmolator is the best, I love mine. Its $200 I think

+1 I agree, this is an awesome ATO.

I like that it has two sensors to prevent a flood: the system has a primary, optical sensor to monitor the sump water level and to kick on the ATO when needed. The Tunze also has a float switch that will cut the system off in the event that the primary sensor ever fails.

Ever 2-3 years I replace the ATO pump, but that only costs like $30.

Guess ya know now :shades:
Keeping the floors dry is an important factor in this hobby:up:

GiulianoM;985522 wrote: +1 on the Osmolator.

I have mine with the sensors in the intake area of the sump, and the water pump at the bottom of a 30-gal barrel of RODI.

I end up having to refill the 30-gallon barrel about every two weeks or so.

I'm thinking of putting my pump in a 25 gallon container in my garage. I would like to put it against an exterior wall but also have a place it could sit in the corner of an interior wall. The line will run into the house, then across the ceiling of a coat closet, above the washer and dryer cabinets, across the top of a pantry closet, then through another wall into the sump. I'm assuming by the time it reaches the sump it will be close to room temperature.
Do you think the wall I put the container makes much of a difference?

zboyblue;985709 wrote: Love it. This make the choice easy!

Its nice when ya get the same answer over and over :)

Wish that would have happened to me when I bought my UV :shout:

As stated, Osmolator is the best. Tunze now has a Osmolator nano which is a little less bells and whistles, but also is much cheaper.

zboyblue;985377 wrote: If money were no object ....

Go! : )

Craig

In that case I would hire a very hot girl to stand by the tank in a bikini and top it off.

Back