Before and now

sica118

Market
Reaction score
So I it has been about 4 months since i started this hobby and this is what I have. What do yall think? Any suggestions tips etc.
5bfe94dbdfbe056e384b84fd80717d09.jpg
alt="" />
6aef8a66c115608dc0fb6f7fa7eb1b96.jpg
alt="" />
072fb5a1425abe88bda622344ed65a88.jpg
alt="" />

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking good. You may want to raise the lights a bit. Condensation and salt creep will probably find their way in being that close.

Yeah that's is definitely something I need to get around to doing. Any suggestion on how though? I don't want to screw them in the wall or ceiling.

You could do bent conduit off the back of the stand and hang the lights from there. Doesn't look like you have too much room to work back there though.

I did a bent conduit across from each end and hung mine from that. I spanned a 6' tank with 1/2" conduit and hung 3 units with no problem at all. You will either have to notch the stand a little or use a block of wood below the trim to keep the conduit flush. Probably cost you around $30 to do it. One hint...paint it black so it doesn't stand out so much. I used electrical conduit.

Looks good, where about in Senoia are you, Im down here as well. Whats the depth of the tank?

Tank looks great.

+1 on raising your lights. It will be better for the lights, themselves, and you'll get much better spread on that middle section of your tank.

Looks good. I would recommend raising the lights to get a better spread over the whole tank. You could either build a canopy and suspend them in there or build a bracket to hang them from

if those are the 2w bridgelux chinese mars aqua boxes, those are generally best viewed 8-12 above the tank.

5 inches is enough room behind your tank to use some 1/2 conduit to hang from. if it was me i would take a heat gun to the end of the conduit and stick a metal rod in there and bend an elbow over the tank. you could just say screw it and use an elbow premade and hang it from there. (think a large candy cane attached to your stand and arching above the open water.

Thanks everyone it is slowly getting there. Russ that sounds like a great idea I definitely need to figure something out for the lights.

Does anybody know what this white thing is on my mushroom?
5b5d130899bd4e46051d52ce3e13d7e5.jpg
alt="" />

Sica118;1038646 wrote: Thanks everyone it is slowly getting there. Russ that sounds like a great idea I definitely need to figure something out for the lights.

purpoiseaquatics had the same idea. js.

anyway. those boxes should be at least 8 inches above the water.

looking good though broskie!

Yes they did that's a long name to spell though ha. I appreciate the advice from all of you.

These are reasonable enough, and I liked them when I had them on another tank. They are sturdy and adjustable.

ref=sr_1_3

Back