best way to get rid of mushrooms

mvm

Market
Reaction score
Any idea on how to remove some mushrooms without taking the rock out of the tank? The rock they are on is very pourous and there feet are well hidden, so I can't scrape the off of the rock.

give them to me...but seriously if you want them gone that bad then try to scrape them of the rock them inject the feetsies with joes juice.

But seriously, Joes juice might work. I tried it on green button polyps and surprisingly it didnt work.

Would I need to worry about them decaying in the tank if I kalk 'em. Tanks only a 34 so the PH change worries me too.

he asked how to get rid of em, he just didn't say if he wanted to ever keep any corals or inverts in the future. lol

Trade rock with someone. Plenty of people with nice rock would rather have nice rock WITH shrooms attached. You could probably even get them to through in a cherry limeade route 44 slushy from sonic on their way in.
Mmmmmmm slushy.

How bout just a 40 of colt 45.....mmm...yup...that is pretty ganxter of him...joes juice will not kill anything...my aptasia loves it. Try peeing on the rock the ammonia will take care of them.

MvM;224894 wrote: Would I need to worry about them decaying in the tank if I kalk 'em. Tanks only a 34 so the PH change worries me too.

No worries. Heres what I do. Turn off all the pumps. Apply kalk paste with a syringe on top of the mushroom (the paste is VERY thick so it just "gels" on). Wait about 30 minutes. Vacuum out the kalk paste, and usually the mushroom too. No decay worries, no calcium issues because all is vacuumed out. Works for me.

I trim mine back by grabbing them at the base with a forceps and yanking them off the rock.

Schwaggs;225107 wrote: I trim mine back by grabbing them at the base with a forceps and yanking them off the rock.

Usually works for me as well - I have a container full of red shrooms that I'm re-attaching to some small rocks for future sales right now.

Back