Calcium reactor hot?

jamescook

Market
Reaction score
Is it normal for the calcium reactor to be warm to the touch? the second chamber is noticeably warm, and my overall temp is now 79 where it was staying under 78. i can only imagine what's next when i turn on 2 more pumps for the skimmer.

Make sure your effluent is flowing fast enough. If for some reason it's clogged or moving too slow, the water inside the chamber can get pretty warm from recirculating through a magnetic pump (a lot of heat transfer there, and very little water volume to keep it cool). You may want to increase your effluent flow and turn up your CO2 to compensate.

it was moving kinda slow, so i bumped it up a bit. the ph is still up, so I guess I can crank it up a little.
how long did it take you to set up your 200?
i'm on week 6!

Oh, man... I spent about 8 months planning and doing sketches on Google sketch-up, and acquiring all the equipment (it took 4 months just to get my tank ordered and built. But once I had everything in place, it took about two months to get the stand and canopy built and the tank plumbed and filled. But after that, even, it was a work in progress for another 6 months, while I changed the lighting, added a calcium reactor, ozone, and a bunch of other stuff. It's been running pretty much hands off for about a 8 months now.

Back