CP anti malarial and what we use as fish med

So a very small sample French study- which was not double blinded, found that using Plaquinal- or CP- plus Z-pack arithromycin antibiotics reduced patient viral load down below 5% and got their patients better faster. France is doing a bigger study now. US also doin studies.

Mr. Frags needs to be reported, I care less about the price gouging and more about the people that intend to use it. You know that no one is paying that kind of money to treat their fish and it's not lab grade, that requires a prescription. I paid him $11.98 last year for my 10 gram packet. I have 5 grams or so left. I just used it to QT my fish for ich.

No, the ebay link I posted above.
Ok I was gonna say, human plaquenil is an old fashion drug used for rheumatoid arthritis and other auto immune disorders. I didn’t even know there was a fish medication derivative that’s why I was confused

Like anything else in medicine (and even this hobby), it is not an exact science. I didn’t read the article yet but I hope they didn’t try to self medicate. Every person is an individual and will respond differently to any drug. I think if the combination of Azithromycin and Hydroxychloroquine are shown, even anecdotally, to help more than it hurts it is worth exploring more. No one wants anyone to die during all of this but the fact is that people are dying from this, and influenza, and pneumonia, and cancer and a host of other things despite our best efforts to save them through medical intervention.
*EDIT* I went back and read it and the DID try to self medicate with aquarium grade hydroxychloraquine...take away: don’t try this at home folks

Read the article and they took the fish form of CP that they had for the fish :(. They were scared and foolish and not sick and not under doctors orders :( the man died and the woman threw up and was taken to hospital :(
Please please don’t ingest fish formulations of this medication. Don’t take plaquenil without a doctor’s prescription and have been medically recommended a specific treatment.

Read the article and they took the fish form of CP that they had for the fish :(. They were scared and foolish and not sick and not under doctors orders :( the man died and the woman threw up and was taken to hospital :(
Please please don’t ingest fish formulations of this medication. Don’t take plaquenil without a doctor’s prescription and have been medically recommended a specific treatment.
+10 to this!

Back