DIY Lights?

irahmatulla

Market
Reaction score
So, after much deliberation and looking at availability/cost/shape. I have considered creating my own T5 fixture/hood. Dimensions are 24'' by 24'' so I have a little room to play. I searched Home Depot, and my LFS gouges prices, so what is a good place to get the Waterproof T5 caps, or if I was going to plexi the hood between tank top and bulb bottom should I save a few bucks and go regular? Tank is 24'' deep, how many bulbs would I need, or is that dependent more on the ballast size? I have an electrician buddy but I want to know a little bit about it before I go to him. Anyone have experience/tips for me?

If I were you I'd go LED, forget the heat and get all the par you need. If you need help I'm in your area

I am more worried about initial cost over the price of electricity or chiller ect. My electrician friend is checking on waterproof sockets and ballast prices. If you have a better idea, please I am all ears. Also, I have transportation issues until the end of this month. (October)

Back