eel help asap !!!!

jaydm93teg;258166 wrote: threads like this have a lot of potential in scaring away those that are thinking about becoming members.........

has anyone heard if the eel is ok?

how is she doing Jgill?

And posts made by non-members saying they're glad they've not joined <u>wouldn't</u> "have a lot of potential of scaring away those that are thinking about becoming members........"?

C'mon, now. Posters should take responsibility for what they say. Please don't start throwing stones. No one has said anything hateful and threads like these actually impart to potential members something to think about. Weigh the options. Think about how much the club gives you with so little you have to give in return. Those who are *scared away* by the prospect of a little responsibility might be the kind of members the club doesn't need anyway.

i could sit here and argue with you all day about both sides of this argument my statement was made becasue this started out as a thread about a sick and potentially dying eel......and now it has turned into something where the Original Poster has been I dont want to say attacked so maybe i say lashed out against for coming here and asking questions and his sick fish becuase he has so many post and hasnt joined. My thing is if it is not a requirment to join then why is it a big deal if 1 peson or maybe even 5 to 10 people have a "ton" of post without joining. Until it becomes a requirment to join i think this issue should be taken up with the BOD and MODS because i can guarantee you that JGILL is prob. never going to join after this thread, i know i wouldnt because when it comes down to it right now he was really just wanting to help his eel get better. I think he should join and I think he shouldnt have said those things but then again if people say those things then maybe you dont want them to be part of the club right? i mean you did say those are the types of members that the club may not want, people with that attitude and people that get scared away by responsibility?? so then we are back to the who cares if a person that has that attitude joins anyway?? but then that leaves us with if he has that many post he should just joing cause he is getting free info......but then we are back to the whole well the site is free and it is not required to join to get info/help.....but then we are back to the whole the site isnt free it does cost some money.

Really not trying to be a smart *** at all and i really do want the best for the club and i think everyone should fork out the 30 to join and help the club...i love this place and i have not had one bad expereince here...I'm just saying this thread shouldve been left to helping the eel and all of the other stuff shouldve been taken to PM's or at least taken to another thread.

No hard feeling toward anyone at all again i love this place I just think this thread has strayed so far off topic that we havent even gotten an update on the sick eel.....So now i am going to take the sick eel topic to PM's to hope that the eel gets the help it needs.

Peace and Love!!!!!!!

Linda Lee;258208 wrote: And posts made by non-members saying they're glad they've not joined <u>wouldn't</u> "have a lot of potential of scaring away those that are thinking about becoming members........"?

C'mon, now. Posters should take responsibility for what they say. Please don't start throwing stones. No one has said anything hateful and threads like these actually impart to potential members something to think about. Weigh the options. Think about how much the club gives you with so little you have to give in return. Those who are *scared away* by the prospect of a little responsibility might be the kind of members the club doesn't need anyway.

I wasnt throwing stones at all i was stating my opinon which i believe to be a true statement, that being said i believe your statement is true as well. Really all i was doing is trying to get it back on topic hope it wasnt taken the wrong way

jaydm93teg;258217 wrote: Really not trying to be a smart *** at all and i really do want the best for the club and i think everyone should fork out the 30 to join and help the club...i love this place and i have not had one bad expereince here...I'm just saying this thread shouldve been left to helping the eel and all of the other stuff shouldve been taken to PM's or at least taken to another thread.

No hard feeling toward anyone at all again i love this place I just think this thread has strayed so far off topic that we havent even gotten an update on the sick eel.....So now i am going to take the sick eel topic to PM's to hope that the eel gets the help it needs.

Peace and Love!!!!!!!

I can see your points-- thanks. And although I personally don't understand the concept of not joining, I can't condemn anyone else for not joining without walking in their shoes and knowing their circumstances. But not joining and then flaunting that fact, well, I don't think that's so cool and the message it sends to others who may be considering getting a membership, that's not cool either.

But you're right that we have two separate lines of discussion in this thread. One should remain in Reef Discussion, but the other should perhaps be weeded out and moved to R&C.

Hope the eel is okay. I think the WC was critical and limiting the feeding is a good idea.

Never heard of feeding beef heart -- see? I learned something from all this and I don't even have a sick eel.

:)

its cool sucks bc thats the reason i got into saltwater but thank you to the few that cared about the eel ant not if i was a member or not

you guys relly go about getting someone to join the right way. trust me i wont join for sure now after i have seen 2 of the board members post about how i am wrong. ok so matbe i am but this forum is free to post on you do not have to be a paid member to do so. so i ask of you that think i am the one in the wrong not to post in any of my threads. thats that dawg dude lol get a life and stop trying to be a tuff guy i dont care what you have to say

dawgdude;258393 wrote: So you are telling me that since you joined on 4-15-08 people have been rude and pressured you to join since day one? Please do show me the posts!

did i say that no all the stuff i have seen as of late makes me not want to be a paid member of the arc and plz if you have any thing else to say pm me thios was about my eel that is no longer with us have respect to do that that will show what kind of person you are

jgilley84;258395 wrote: yeah a guy ask for help and thats all and look what it turned in to

no, a guy trashes the club who has been helping him for months, then turns around and asks for more. Be honest with how this transpired. Nobody ever pressured you to join; you only got called out AFTER you bashed the club and it's members and vowed never to join.

never did i trash the club i just said i was glad i didnt join
i will addmit that was out of line!!! but then again isnt all of this??? raj this fourm is cool and i get alot of help on here im just asking that all this stop bc this was about my eel not other stuff right?

Back